Weird Stats

Louise_Gerhard

Recently I noticed "abnormalities" on geocaching.com. Here is one of them. Stats taken are from FE. Is there something I need to understand from all of this? Why does the same stats give me 1337 and 1313 if the correct answer is 1337? Gerhard

Stats from CF's page. This is incorrect. Other is too low and traditional caches are out.

66b2d1c2-abbf-4069-877c-69360499ce26.jpg

Doing a search on FE's caches. This is 1313.

8cb778f5-c66c-4de3-9dc9-dc66f859278d.jpg

Doing a check on the stats itself. This is 1337.

a9b40a9c-e43d-4bd2-897d-4b77747a3c8f.jpg

Checking the logs itself. This is 1337.

5c64dc58-13cc-466f-9d43-42bdac969e2b.jpg

Edited by gerhardoosMPsa

Ok, this resolved the one issue. Locationless is thus not part of CF’s stats. I will remember this. I was not aware that the logs are backdated.

Why is there then a difference between search for the finds on a geocacher and the actual displayed stats? Does the search exclude caches which are archived? I tested this one by running a query on the caches that is archived and it did not add up. The search is then supposed to be far less. Sorry for the questions but I want to understand what I am loooking at. Gerhard

Ok, this resolved the one issue. Locationless is thus not part of CF’s stats. I will remember this. I was not aware that the logs are backdated.

Why is there then a difference between search for the finds on a geocacher and the actual displayed stats? Does the search exclude caches which are archived? I tested this one by running a query on the caches that is archived and it did not add up. The search is then supposed to be far less. Sorry for the questions but I want to understand what I am loooking at. Gerhard

The search by cacher excludes locationless caches (but does include archived caches).

To see what I mean, run the search on my finds, go to the last page (oldest logs).

I've got locationless finds on 9th & 10th Nov 2005, but they don't show in the search.

En die somme klop ook.... :)