~NEW COIN~ Presenting LITTLE WING

ThePetersTrio

~Little Wing~

100_1749.jpg

Hello cachers and coiners! I am pleased to tell you about a new coin I designed for Hogwild Stuff. This has been a long time in the making as it includes moving parts that open and close as part of the charm. My idea germinated after seeing a child's party invitation with a ladybug whose wings opened up to reveal the party description and details.

On this coin, the wings move to the open position to reveal the text "Fly on Little Wing" which may sound familiar to those Jimi Hendrix fans out there. :rolleyes:

After coming up with the first side, the trick was to make the flip side of the coin also work with the moving "wing" part of the ladybug. I knew immediately that I wanted to use a flower and have the petals open up. I decided that a tulip would work with the closed shape of the ladybug and after a little help from Jamie of Mad Hatters Neverland, we came up with this:

100_1751.jpg

Pink Tulip

100_1750.jpg

Orange Tulip

100_1758.jpg

Red Tulip

And my AE Purple Tulip which is not available for sale through the website. Please email me through my profile to discuss trades for other AE or LE coins.

100_1755.jpg

Each coin is trackable with a unique icon. The coins are 1.75 inches tall, 1.15 inches wide (closed) and 2.20 inches wide (open). The above colors (pink, orange, red) are available in antique gold or antique silver finishes. As the sale was pre-advertised to Hogwild Stuff members, the red antique gold coins have already sold out!

To order, please visit the Hogwild Stuff website: HERE

Thanks for looking! :)

I originally got two of these coins, but they were so charming that everyone I showed them to immediately fell in love with them! So I gave away the first set, and then ordered one of each color in the AS. Now I can't decide which one I want to keep. :)

The little ladybug hidden in the petals is the perfect touch.

That purple version is gorgeous!!! Hrmmm I wonder what I have that's trade worthy...

Where do i buy this coin from

This thread is 6 YEARS old ... and the coins sold out ... 6 YEARS AGO.

E-place or a private party ... and they are pricey !!

BTW ... Hogwild Stuff went out of business some time ago.

Edited by nevadanick