New attribute suggestions

Knight2000

My wife has got the bug recently and has placed a few caches that she has done herself. One is at a mall in memory of her grandma who used to take her there. The mall is now closed down and abandoned. The area really went downhill.

...She couldn't find any attributes under "hazards" for possible rape, robbery, or murder. Can anyone make the artwork for them so they can be added?

Well using the existing...

Not Recommended for kids

Not Recommended at night

Stealth required

oh, there is a Dangerous area one

Not sure if that's what they meant it to be used for.

I could see how it might necessary in certain parts of the world.

"Don't go blindly into the area looking for the cache unless you know how to conduct yourself"

However, I don't know if I would place a cache to bring people to an out-n-out crime ridden area.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Why........would you want to put one there if you know the area is dangerous....but then, confronted by someone maybe you could bargain for your life..."I'm a geocacher and I know all the good places to hide a body." But don't tell them before you find the cache and get in your car. :)

Edited by Col. Flagg

The world is dangerous.

This is true... but people for some reason get all weird about urban dangers and misty eyed over rural dangers.

drive-byes = bad

falling off cliff = Awesome cache man!

Here's an idea for an awsome cache...

"Red or Blue?" (3.5/1)

"This cache is right near the HQ of a major gang in the middle of LA, and has been placed with permission. However, there is a catch... if you wear the wrong color to the cache you will get shot. As this is a mystery cache, I'm not telling you what color that is."

Muahahahah...

Edited by Arrow42

The world is dangerous.

It's not like this is 8 mile. (have you been to 8 mile?) I just don't enjoy being there. Do I feel threatened? No. I don't feel all warm and fuzzy either.

It's not as bad as I am making it sound. I am a pessimist though.

Ya need to visit Military Street, Little Mac, French or an of a few dozen others. 8 mile is a stroll in the park, so based on your comparison I would be very safe at that mall.

The world is dangerous.

This is true... but people for some reason get all weird about urban dangers and misty eyed over rural dangers.

drive-byes = bad

falling off cliff = Awesome cache man!

Here's an idea for an awsome cache...

"Red or Blue?" (3.5/1)

"This cache is right near the HQ of a major gang in the middle of LA, and has been placed with permission. However, there is a catch... if you wear the wrong color to the cache you will get shot. As this is a mystery cache, I'm not telling you what color that is."

Muahahahah...

LOVE IT!

It's not at 8 mile! Just an area that has turned urban and lots of abandoned stores.

I was working on 8 mile once. We went across the street to get some Burger King. We had never seen a BK with so many bars on the windows. The dining room closed at 3pm. :)

Whenever I place a cache I think to myself - Why am I bringing someone here? What is it that I want them to see or experience?

I hope you and your wife have done the same.

Whenever I place a cache I think to myself - Why am I bringing someone here? What is it that I want them to see or experience?

I totally agree BD. If you like abandoned places, this is pretty neat. An entire mall, rotting. It's not behind a dumpster or anything. It's hidden at the store which makes her think of her Grandma who isn't around anymore. (Her gm used to take her there.)

It's not nearly as bad as I am making it sound.

It's not a typical off the wall Knight2000 cache but just a regular cache underneath a pine tree.

I totally agree BD. If you like abandoned places, this is pretty neat. An entire mall, rotting. It's not behind a dumpster or anything. It's hidden at the store which makes her think of her Grandma who isn't around anymore. (Her gm used to take her there.)

It's not nearly as bad as I am making it sound.

It's not a typical off the wall Knight2000 cache but just a regular cache underneath a pine tree.

Cool.

I'm still not sure if this particular type of...area...should have an attribute. And that is the question, right?

Is it adding anything over providing the information in the Description? Are people going to filter on that attribute? Are non-PMs going to review the attributes better than the Description?

Cuz typically I only really notice attributes when I am looking for particular cache details. I don't know that I would run a weekly PQ with 'dangerous areas' set to exclude. I don't now.

But then again I don't set the Livestock attribute either and that's available.

Okay, done thinking out loud.

Edited by BlueDeuce