Who cares...

Haitoman

I've had enough...there is sufficient information on the web to make an informed decision on which model to buy. It should be obvious that if someone has splashed out on a Garmin then they are Garmin biased and likewise for the other brands and models. D your own research, buy what you want and live with it and stop asking these inane questions about which brand/model to buy.

Nice.... I just read this thread after posting one asking for some advice. At first I felt bad but then realized that there are way more people out there that have keen interests and understand technology better than me. Thats why we post the questions we do Haitoman...not because we can't make choices....because we want to make "informed" choices...Once the choice is made we do exactly as you say "live with it" or upgrade..!!

Nice.... I just read this thread after posting one asking for some advice. At first I felt bad but then realized that there are way more people out there that have keen interests and understand technology better than me. Thats why we post the questions we do Haitoman...not because we can't make choices....because we want to make "informed" choices...Once the choice is made we do exactly as you say "live with it" or upgrade..!!

Don't get me wrong, if you have a genuine question about the differences between models that's perfectly fine. My objection is to the "which model shall I buy" type questions. All it does is invite 60csx owners to tell you to buy a 60csx, and Oregon owners to tell you to buy an Oregon, or DeLorme owners to tell you how great a PN-40 is. I'm saying do your own research and make informed decisions.

Don't get me wrong, if you have a genuine question about the differences between models that's perfectly fine. My objection is to the "which model shall I buy" type questions. All it does is invite 60csx owners to tell you to buy a 60csx, and Oregon owners to tell you to buy an Oregon, or DeLorme owners to tell you how great a PN-40 is. I'm saying do your own research and make informed decisions.

I have only used Garmin units, so I'm okay with offering my opinion with how well they work. I don't offer any opinion comparing them with other units because I haven't used them.

Even if someone has used more than one unit I don't think that automatically enables them to offer an unbiased comparison. Now that I think about it I don't think I've found anywhere on the internet that offers an unbiased explanation/description of a gps unit especially for geocaching.

Let people ask the question and let us answer what we know about a gps unit. Even if we tend to promote one gps unit over another.

I think most posters know we are just users giving our personal insights, not experts.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Yes, the WSIB threads have been out of hand lately, but this thread seems instrumented to fuel the rage, which is the opposite of what we need.

We've largely established that the people asking "the inane" won't read this - or any other - thread, so I'm going to put this to bed and ask that we return this forum to a pleasant place.