Please vote for the return of an SP event

Simply Paul

I was having a look through my past events earlier and got a hankering to resurrect one of the various 'unusual' ones I've held. But then I couldn't decide which one. So many good memories... Anyway, it occurred to me that people who came -or wished they had- to one or more might be the people to pick what to 'bring back' which is why I'm posting this. If there's a bit of interest and a 'winner' of the vote/pole, I'll organise a repeat at a sensible time of year. The only ones I'm not including are the Bucks Beds Herts regular meets as they're already repeated, RidgeWay Run walks as there's only one of these caches left and my 'Extreme' trips, as Jersey is already on the books for June 2010.

So, please let me know which you'd like to see again:

Ben Nevis Vertical Limit Extreme Geocache Event (GC1EQ1C) - could work well as a 'bonus' event after next year's Mega. - Someone else has got this covered I'm told.

Monkeying Around in Wendover Woods (Bucks) by Simply Mandrill (GC1FPVH) - Event near an OPTIONAL aerial adventure trail, probably at a different site.

Dusk 'til Dawn - Through The Night 'Caching Event by Simply Ghoul (GC18T51) - A late-night pub meet leading to an OPTIONAL through-the-night caching circular tour (10 hours, 18 miles approx) and breakfast.

A Racy Little Event (Silverstone, F1 GP weekend) by Simply Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaul (GC1BQZE) - Event close to the British F1 Grand Prix (2010 location TBC) finishing ahead of it.

The Bunny's been to Bucks/Oxon border! (GC1911G) - Woodland Easter Egg hunt. Would have a change of location/border area. Bucks/Northants perhaps?

Frisbee Golf in the Park (Aylesbury, Bucks) (GC162FN) - A chance to play Frolf with caching buddies while swapping stories and travellers.

Edited by Simply Paul

I was having a look through my past events earlier and got a hankering to resurrect one of the various 'unusual' ones I've held. But then I couldn't decide which one. So many good memories... Anyway, it occurred to me that people who came -or wished they had- to one or more might be the people to pick what to 'bring back' which is why I'm posting this. If there's a bit of interest and a 'winner' of the vote/pole, I'll organise a repeat at a sensible time of year. The only ones I'm not including are the Bucks Beds Herts regular meets as they're already repeated, RidgeWay Run walks as there's only one of these caches left and my 'Extreme' trips, as Jersey is already on the books for June 2010.

So, please let me know which you'd like to see again:

Ben Nevis Vertical Limit Extreme Geocache Event (GC1EQ1C) - could work well as a 'bonus' event after next year's Mega.

Monkeying Around in Wendover Woods (Bucks) by Simply Mandrill (GC1FPVH) - Event near an OPTIONAL aerial adventure trail, probably at a different site.

Dusk 'til Dawn - Through The Night 'Caching Event by Simply Ghoul (GC18T51) - A late-night pub meet leading to an OPTIONAL through-the-night caching circular tour (10 hours, 18 miles approx) and breakfast.

A Racy Little Event (Silverstone, F1 GP weekend) by Simply Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaul (GC1BQZE) - Event close to the British F1 Grand Prix (2010 location TBC) finishing ahead of it.

The Bunny's been to Bucks/Oxon border! (GC1911G) - Woodland Easter Egg hunt. Would have a change of location/border area. Bucks/Northants perhaps?

Frisbee Golf in the Park (Aylesbury, Bucks) (GC162FN) - A chance to play Frolf with caching buddies while swapping stories and travellers.

There's already a Ben Nevis event in the pipeline for the week before Mega next year......

I was disappointed no bunny event this year - we had the kids and were really hoping this might happen :)
With the cost of eggs, this wasn't cheap to run and I was poor at Easter this year. Maybe next year tho!

So, an early lead from another D2D walk (June/July 2010, for max daylight) with Eggs in 2nd place and Frolf bringing up the rear. I'm working on some other ideas too, so this would just supplement other types of event.

I was disappointed no bunny event this year - we had the kids and were really hoping this might happen :)
With the cost of eggs, this wasn't cheap to run and I was poor at Easter this year. Maybe next year tho!

So, an early lead from another D2D walk (June/July 2010, for max daylight) with Eggs in 2nd place and Frolf bringing up the rear. I'm working on some other ideas too, so this would just supplement other types of event.

Following on from the can'o'worms that is charging for an event, this is exactly where you COULD charge without offence: If I bring my kids, I expect to pay for the eggs.

Following on from the can'o'worms that is charging for an event, this is exactly where you COULD charge without offence: If I bring my kids, I expect to pay for the eggs.

A fair point. People would be able to come along and watch the fun for free but, in the same way as people buy raffle tickets, if they want eggs, they pay.