Litter in the strangest places

tom3t0

So I was out walking in the peaks (I do not have GPS), and I'm keeping an eye out for some caches that I might spot on the offchance, searching even. And I found litter in some strange places!

Seriously, who the hell leaves a full lipsill up at the top of a rock face right at the back of a small crevice.

Recently i found an undies tree :laughing:

it had 30+ bra's, knickers and tights strung up on its branches, not sure why anyone whould take the time to do it.

maybe they were getting ready for christmas and dint have any tinsel :blink: !!

I've found an inflated rubber boat at the top of some cliffs. Hour hike up there, with the only water being a small stream. Why/how it got up there has always had me wondering.

Could have been one of the emergency one's that are in a case, pull the cord and it inflates.

they may of thought of hiking up there and sailing back but it was opviously too big for the little stream, would you want to carry an inflated raft for an hours hike

My dad got one one and opened it in our back garden, it was 20 foot wide and pushed down both fences of our 15 foot garden :blink:

Even Google doesn't help with "lipsill" (neither a full, nor an empty one) !!! How dare the OP throw a challenge like that at us, and not come back to explain!

in the UK LypSyl is a lip balm for chapped and dry lips, most commonly used when hikeing

Edited by daveindeal

Recently i found an undies tree :D

it had 30+ bra's, knickers and tights strung up on its branches, not sure why anyone whould take the time to do it.

maybe they were getting ready for christmas and dint have any tinsel :D !!

Ummm...there was such a tree like that up in the woods where I grew up...pretty much was a "trophy tree" from the guys who had a date that ended up near the old quary there.

So I was out walking in the peaks (I do not have GPS), and I'm keeping an eye out for some caches that I might spot on the offchance, searching even. And I found litter in some strange places!

Seriously, who the hell leaves a full lipsill up at the top of a rock face right at the back of a small crevice.

Lypsyl's hard to find where I am. I order it in bulk. I can tell you how I lose it--I wear my toddler on my back and the tube of lypsyl sometimes works its way out of my pocket when I'm shifting the waistbelt around or crouching to take a photo. As for how it got back there, perhaps a curious bird stashed it?

Sometimes I see couches or matresses. I know why those are there.

No way I'm going to CITO those. Maybe with some help and a hazmat suit.

A rubber raft? To each their own, I suppose.

OK, now I understand this one:

I've found an inflated rubber boat at the top of some cliffs. Hour hike up there, with the only water being a small stream. Why/how it got up there has always had me wondering.

How about so much trash covering a cache, that you can't find the cache!

How about the cache BEING trash? In another forum, somebody mentioned that there's a cache that is actually hidden in a McDonald's drink cup, in a McDonald's parking lot... They must not have good volunteer reviewers there, or good trash picker-uppers if it was even still there in time for the FTF! In some places I guess CITO can be dangerous, because you might accidentally take the cache.

How about so much trash covering a cache, that you can't find the cache!

How about the cache BEING trash? In another forum, somebody mentioned that there's a cache that is actually hidden in a McDonald's drink cup, in a McDonald's parking lot... They must not have good volunteer reviewers there, or good trash picker-uppers if it was even still there in time for the FTF! In some places I guess CITO can be dangerous, because you might accidentally take the cache.

The reviewers have no idea what sort of container a cache is hidden in, and even if they did, it would not be something they currently have the authority to police.

I found a "dump site" just off the road in a state park. At first I suspected it might be a dead body! Shoes and clothing, out on the ground, partially covered with forest debris. And I'm sorry, but I won't handle that sort of stuff without some serious sanitary precautions!

Moving right along, in the same area, near a second cache -- wet paper on the ground. (We get 100+ inches precipitation annually.) Toilet paper and someone had used the trees as a crapper, despite a Park Restroom being less than 100 yds away.

That said, I'm cautious when reaching into "caches" where I'm not sure what's there. People stash some nasty stuff in some odd locations!