Personal stats suddenly changed & incorrect

caverdon

I'm on a trip and logging caches every day. At the beginning of my trip, my personal stats (number of finds) reported correctly on Groundspeak. At some point in the last week, my finds suddenly dropped 20 and has not corrected itself in the last 2-3 days. It's still reporting an incorrect number of 20 finds less than I actually have. :) As far as I can check, it has nothing to do with any of the new caches I've logged in the past week.

Anyone else have this problem?

were some of your find logs deleted?

That is what I would suspect as well.

If you have a recent "my finds" PQ you can use it to compare.

I also suspected that perhaps someone deleted some of my finds... but since it was 20 at once, that seemed very, very unusual. I did check my most recent finds from the past week, but didn't see anything unusual. I sure don't want to have to go back through all my caches to find the problem. I thought I would check first to see if I'm an isolated incident.

were some of your find logs deleted?

That is what I would suspect as well.

If you have a recent "my finds" PQ you can use it to compare.

I also suspected that perhaps someone deleted some of my finds... but since it was 20 at once, that seemed very, very unusual. I did check my most recent finds from the past week, but didn't see anything unusual. I sure don't want to have to go back through all my caches to find the problem. I thought I would check first to see if I'm an isolated incident.

If you have GSAK, import your latest finds PQ into a separate DB, then export it to a CSV or TXT. Export your actual GSAK DB Finds into another CSV or TXT file. Open them both, sort alpha-numerically and do a quick compare. It won't take long. Thre's also a Windows tool called WinDiff that will compare the two files and show you the differences of the contents. You might have to download it from MS but here is the link to describe what it can do for you.

Edited by TotemLake

If you have GSAK, import your latest finds PQ into a separate DB, then export it to a CSV or TXT. Export your actual GSAK DB Finds into another CSV or TXT file. Open them both, sort alpha-numerically and do a quick compare. It won't take long. Thre's also a Windows tool called WinDiff that will compare the two files and show you the differences of the contents. You might have to download it from MS but here is the link to describe what it can do for you.

Or even easier, if you have GSAK, is to clear all user flags (check marks), import your myfinds query with the option to set user flags, then filter on finds without the userflag set. This would leave just caches that you have marked as found in your db, but that gc didn't send to you in your myfinds pq, most likely because the logs were deleted.

There's an ongoing thread about no longer getting emails when logs are deleted, so you could be the latest victim of that bug.

Thanks for your help everyone! I did find the problem, and it was in an error I made earlier in entering the data into GSAK. My find count was off by 20, and created the discrepancy. For some reason I didn't catch it earlier than I should have.

It's great to know some extra methods and tools are available to help find issues like this!