Cache Across America - North Carolina

Blue Power Ranger

Hi – I am looking for a new hider to help out in the Cache Across America series. We need a new CAA cache owner in the state of North Carolina. The current cache has unfortunately been archived.

Even though we currently own none of the caches ourselves, we are the organizers of this series and work constantly with cachers across the country to keep all 51 caches up and running and ready to be found. If you are a North Carolina cacher, this is an opportunity to showcase one of your favorite locations in your state to those working on this series.

We think this has to be the most challenging series to complete in all of North America. In a nutshell, you have to find a particular cache that has been placed in each of the fifty United States, collect a number needed to solve a puzzle that leads you to a final cache in Washington DC. Believe it or not, five caching teams have already completed this challenge.

For the current caches in the series look here. You can see the series final here.

Let us know via PM if you would be willing to take this on for North Carolina.

Thanks!

-BPR

Hi – I am looking for a new hider to help out in the Cache Across America series. We need a new CAA cache owner in the state of North Carolina. The current cache has unfortunately been archived.

Even though we currently own none of the caches ourselves, we are the organizers of this series and work constantly with cachers across the country to keep all 51 caches up and running and ready to be found. If you are a North Carolina cacher, this is an opportunity to showcase one of your favorite locations in your state to those working on this series.

We think this has to be the most challenging series to complete in all of North America. In a nutshell, you have to find a particular cache that has been placed in each of the fifty United States, collect a number needed to solve a puzzle that leads you to a final cache in Washington DC. Believe it or not, five caching teams have already completed this challenge.

For the current caches in the series look here. You can see the series final here.

Let us know via PM if you would be willing to take this on for North Carolina.

Thanks!

-BPR

I'd love to since I am the owner of the Maine cache,which is being maintained by a good friend since I moved down here to SC. Wish I could help out but I live in SC, not too far from the border so if it takes too long to get someone who lives in NC I would be willing to help out.

I'd love to since I am the owner of the Maine cache,which is being maintained by a good friend since I moved down here to SC. Wish I could help out but I live in SC, not too far from the border so if it takes too long to get someone who lives in NC I would be willing to help out.

Thanks Haffy - we'd love to have you. I'll keep watching this thread and my email. If I don't get another volunteer in the next few days from NC, maybe we can figure something out.

Again - to NC hiders, let me know if you would be willing to either hide a new cache or repurpose an existing cache for this series. Thanks!

I have had Metalmorphosis on my list of to do caches for a very long time.

I am not the owner of the series so I will have to have BPR answer this for sure but if I recall the thread about setting up the series and having completed the series I think that this cache would not be the best for the series.

What was discussed originally was Traditional with small or larger containers. Low terrain and difficulty so that everyone would be able to find the caches.

Also because people come from a long way away to do the series they want the caches to be fairly muggle proof so that a cache doesn't go missing.

BPR has final say on this but that would be my guess.

Also having looked at several caches that you have placed and having them on my to do list I would love to see you be the hider of the replacement cache.

This one is not about the cache more than it is the location. The size may not be desirable, but the difficulty and terrain are accurate to make it accessible by wheelchair. This is one that is truly available to ALL cachers. It is close enough to both I85 and I77 (by way of the I485 loop) that it wouldn't require but a minor detour in either direction to grab it and continue on a journey. It has also been active for more than a year with no problems other than needing new log changes. Should it go missing, it would definitely be replaced immediately.

Thank you for your kind words WS. If there are certain criteria that BPR would prefer, please let me know. I would be honored to hide or look at other possible caches I have hidden for the induction.

This one is not about the cache more than it is the location. The size may not be desirable, but the difficulty and terrain are accurate to make it accessible by wheelchair. This is one that is truly available to ALL cachers. It is close enough to both I85 and I77 (by way of the I485 loop) that it wouldn't require but a minor detour in either direction to grab it and continue on a journey. It has also been active for more than a year with no problems other than needing new log changes. Should it go missing, it would definitely be replaced immediately.

Thank you for your kind words WS. If there are certain criteria that BPR would prefer, please let me know. I would be honored to hide or look at other possible caches I have hidden for the induction.

I looked at the page and this looks like a great cache. I'd love to find it but I'm not sure it would be a great fit for this series as a nano. The strong preference is that the cache be of "regular" size (also strongly prefer a standard rather than a mulit or puzzle), and feature some information about the local lore, history or some reason you think this location is interesting or represents your state.

Take a look at some of the other CAA pages for some examples of this. Webscouter.'s Missouri page is a good example of this.

If you have something that you think would fit the bill, we'd love to have you onboard!