Help a new beginner

Cowgirl Fyn

That Mio phone should be fine.

You will have to (probably) change the setting on the GPS chip to turn off static navigation if it's anything like my Pharos phone. There's a (fairly) simple app you can use for that, but you might want a techie friend to do it for you, because you could possibly brick the GPS chip ...

The specs on the phone say it's Windows Mobile, so you shouldn't have any issues at all ... there are plenty of Geocaching apps for Windows Mobile.

Good luck!

I think you'd be better off with a dedicated hand held GPS. You can find caches with your Mio but it's not the best tool for the job.

You are right about that ... I love my Oregon.

But, I started with a Windows Mobile phone, and it was ok. It's great for casual caching, and you've always got it with you - but when I decided caching was going to be a serious hobby, I went for the dedicated GPS.

Thanks for all the help

I have now downloaded the file Richesse GPS and it works fine on my Mio A701 PDA

and today i found my first cache.

This is fun - and I am sure later on I might buy a better GPS for GC....but for now its

OK for me.... :mad:

In my town (10.000 citicens) there are 5 caches....Thank God its friday

Cowgirl