Load geocaches into a Venture HC

Eagle93

Hello,

I'm running a Cub Scout Day Camp this weekend and have received 10 Venture HC units to use during the event, but I'm not sure how to load the geocache coords we're going to be hunting into the units. I could put them all in manually, but would prefer not to have to do that.

I see that there is a USB connection on the back, but when I hook it up to my PC, it is just listed as a mobile device and doesn't appear to have any directory structure whatsoever.

For what its worth I use an Oregon 400t personally, so I'm used to something a lot more powerful. I'm hoping someone can tell me that I can just create a GPX folder on the device and then load in a GPX file that contains the coords I need. Is it that simple?

If not, what's the best approach?

Thank you!

You may need to download theGarmin Downlad for Venture HC for this unit to be recognized by your computer.

Yes, you can download all of your caches that you want to use from a program like GSAK directly onto the units. Just in the GPS set up window choose the Garmin HC to download to and all will be fine. I use GSAK to download caches onto my 60CSX, 2 Legend HCX's, and used to download onto 2 Venture CX's with no problems.

Edited to add Garmin Link

Edited by ao318

Just wanted to mentioin I have the venture hc and it's been a good little gps. Once you get communicator set up you should be able to go to geocaching.com and "send to gps" the caches you want.

I have a kindle and also save the cache file as a text file on my kindle. It's how I go paperless. The kindle isn't very sturdy though so I only do this around town.

Just wanted to mentioin I have the venture hc and it's been a good little gps. Once you get communicator set up you should be able to go to geocaching.com and "send to gps" the caches you want.

I have a kindle and also save the cache file as a text file on my kindle. It's how I go paperless. The kindle isn't very sturdy though so I only do this around town.

I have a kindle and would like to know the EASIEST way to go paperless using it.... I use the basic web and wap.geocaching.com but can't seem to get the google map with cache site on the kindle (although it works great for the cache information)..... Any slick hints???? Thx!