Editing routes in Legend HCx

dunmappin

It fascinates me to wonder how much more I do not know about my Legend whenever I hit upon something new, as I still do (I have had my Legend for nearly two years).

I was idly playing with a route in the map window recently. I discovered that a route leg changed from its default purple to a purple pecked line on white/outlined purple when the cursor arrow hovered over it. Not only that, but on that occasion (I have been unable to repeat it so far since*) 'ADD' appeared next to the arrow, and I found I was able to move the route leg from the point at which the arrow was situated (I believe).

I should dearly like to know to what use other enthusiasts put this facility, and are there other editing actions that can be carried out on the map display?

I purchased a very useful publication at the same time as my Legend, 'Getting to Grips with GPS', which I found excellent as a beginner. How it cries out for a comprehensive manual to be written, though.

*Press joystick briefly

Edited by dunmappin

when i bought my wife an ipod and saw nothing manual-wise in the box i went to the book store and found this book that i think is awesome, it's called 'ipod-the missing manual' and subtitled 'the book that should have been in the box'. now of course there are tons of different gpsr's and only a few ipods, but i wish there was one of these books for my gpsr.

'ADD' appeared next to the arrow, and I found I was able to move the route leg from the point at which the arrow was situated.

I should dearly like to know to what use other enthusiasts put this facility, and are there other editing actions that can be carried out on the map display?

This uses the map display to add a via point to the route. As you use the cursor to alter the route, press Menu once again to add to the route.