Which Cell Phone for Paperless?

taxabel

I had a G1 and recently upgraded to the MyTouch 3g for extra memory and battery life. With Geobeagle, I have exported all 5000+ caches in my state from GSAK and loaded them onto my SD card. Now I can find caches with nothing but my phone, anywhere I go. Even if I don't have signal way out in the boonies. Easy, squeasy, lemon peasy.

That's on T-mobile, by the way.

I use a HTC touch dual phone with GcZ ii program from NICQUE Freeware. I am impressed. Up to 84 finds, in the bush, on the streets, in parks. This will work on any windows mobile platform. I use the find near me feature and it shows 20 near locations and then I can click to pull up google maps with them all showing so I can choose one.

I use Locify, similar to the iphone app but works on most devices.

I use it on a SE W995 with a Holux M1000.

Locify is free to download and use, just data charges apply. Highly recommended. can download caches and maps in the field and also save them for offline caching.

I had a G1 and recently upgraded to the MyTouch 3g for extra memory and battery life. With Geobeagle, I have exported all 5000+ caches in my state from GSAK and loaded them onto my SD card. Now I can find caches with nothing but my phone, anywhere I go. Even if I don't have signal way out in the boonies. Easy, squeasy, lemon peasy.

That's on T-mobile, by the way.

I use the MyTouch 3G also...we have a total of 3 devices that will work for geocaching, but chose to go with this. Just started today and everything was simple. Using Geobeagle, I can see everything that is on the geocaching website...love it!!!

I'm using C:Geo for Android on a G1. I love it; so far it's been accurate to within 1.5m or so and had lots of cool extras. It seems to be working a lot better than my DeLorme PN-20.

Im using c:geo on my Droid. The compass is worthless when you are closer than 50', but the "radar" function is dead on. Tonights update incorporated a wikitude option, but it looks like a battery waster though, with gps and the camera running.

I use GeOrg on my Nexus One (Android) phone. I'm always amazed when I see people saying they use c:geo or GeoBeagle, because to me GeOrg is just so much faster and more usable. It only works with pocket queries, though. There are certainly lots of options out there!

I'm always amazed when I see people saying they use c:geo or GeoBeagle, because to me GeOrg is just so much faster and more usable.
Well, I started using GeoBeagle because I know the developers. I keep using GeoBeagle because I'm familiar with it, and because I don't want to switch to an app that doesn't support GeoBeagle features that I value (e.g., offline access to PQ data, compliance with geocaching.com TOS, online interaction with browser viewing geocaching.com site, posting field notes).

My Palm is history and I need a new cell phone. I belong to Verizon but can change. What is the best cell phone for paperless when using a Garmin 76csx?

Did you like the paperless set up on your Palm? There are several models of Palm powered cell phones. Think of them as a cell phone with a "built-in" Palm PDA. Heck, I had my first one in 2000.