itsnotaboutthenumbers problem

The past 3 PQ's aren't loading. I try multiple times both in explorer and firefox. it's not working. I get bogus stats.

Stats for

Total: finds

Total days since first find: 14509 - Overall find Rate: 0/day, 0/week

Total days with a find: (Every

Warning: Division by zero in /home/krugdm/public_html/stats.php on line 103

0 days or 0% of your total days) - Average finds per caching day:

Best day: 12/31/69 - finds

Most consecutive days with a find: from 12/31/69 to 12/31/69 (Current streak!)

Longest caching drought: days from 12/31/69 to 12/31/69

Average log size: 0 word - Biggest log: word - Shortest log: word - Number of one-word logs: 0

I've emailed them 3 times with no answer.

Edited by purkinsfamily

You really are going to have to wait to address it with them. And note that that site is a hobby project, so you might just need to be patient. Sorry.

A hobby project for who? If you do the numbers, this site should be making a small (or regular) fortune.

itsnotaboutthenumbers.com is the site that is a hobby project. It gets no money from it's users.

When I tried to go there just now, I got an internal server error.

Edited by the3gmen

You really are going to have to wait to address it with them. And note that that site is a hobby project, so you might just need to be patient. Sorry.

A hobby project for who? If you do the numbers, this site should be making a small (or regular) fortune.

itsnotaboutthenumbers.com is the site that is a hobby project. It gets no money from it's users.

Oh, I thought MM was talking about Geocaching.com

I never knew a site called itsnotaboutthenumbers.com existed. If the OP had added the .com I probably wouldn't have been confused.

I never knew a site called itsnotaboutthenumbers.com existed. If the OP had added the .com I probably wouldn't have been confused.

Oh come on Bittsen! We have great confidence in your ability to get confused no matter how much info you are given.

Need I even mention I'm just funn'n ya? :D

It gets money from those of us who send periodic donations so that the site owner will remain motivated to keep it active. I love that site and gladly send money to them. Don't be shy about clicking the PayPal button and sending a contribution.

That's what I stated that THAT site is a hobby project which is stated on the site itself.

#1 - It must be a "Caches Found" PQ - the one you can only run once a week, not the ordinary type.

#2 - It must still be in ZIP format.

(Been there - done that. <_< )

Yep to both.

I was getting my stats almost weekly up until August 16th. It's not user error.

1 - I'm using "my finds" PQ.

2- I'm not unzipping the file

3 - I'm not renaming the file

I'm not doing anything any differently. I don't run any other pocket queries, so I can't really get mixed up. I don't understand why I'm having problems now.

The reason why I care so much is because I'm working on my counties and INATN has a county map that I like.

I also use Cache Stats, but it doesn't break the counties down. If anyone know of another site that does, with visual maps of the counties, I'd appreciate that, too. :D

Oh come on Bittsen! We have great confidence in your ability to get confused no matter how much info you are given.

Need I even mention I'm just funn'n ya? :D

Oh great, now I'm confused that you're confused that bittsen is confused. (Insert head popping sound here)

Back on topic. Run the finds PQ (it has it's own button) copy that file to your desktop (or wherever you have the icon for itsnotaboutthenumbers). If I remember right, you had to setup the itsnotaboutthenumbers to match up to your individual PQ#, maybe I'm thinking of something else... But that sound right, you have to enter your geocacher # - Somewhere there are instructions, but I'll be darned if I can remember...

Yep to both.

I'm not doing anything any differently. I don't run any other pocket queries, so I can't really get mixed up. I don't understand why I'm having problems now.

The reason why I care so much is because I'm working on my counties and INATN has a county map that I like.

I also use Cache Stats, but it doesn't break the counties down. If anyone know of another site that does, with visual maps of the counties, I'd appreciate that, too. :D

Sometimes Firefox will automatically rename the file when you download it... add a (1) to the file name. I've had this happen to me and got an error when uploading the file to INATN.

Regarding the last part: The newest FindStatsGen (or whatever) macro for GSAK can do county maps... at least the current beta can.

Yep to both.

I also use Cache Stats, but it doesn't break the counties down. If anyone know of another site that does, with visual maps of the counties, I'd appreciate that, too. :blink:

Sometimes Firefox will automatically rename the file when you download it... add a (1) to the file name. I've had this happen to me and got an error when uploading the file to INATN.

Regarding the last part: The newest FindStatsGen (or whatever) macro for GSAK can do county maps... at least the current beta can.

Um... how are you getting Firefox to download your "My Finds" PQ? Mine are emailed to me. Did I miss a features update...?

Edited by Castle Mischief
Yep to both.

I also use Cache Stats, but it doesn't break the counties down. If anyone know of another site that does, with visual maps of the counties, I'd appreciate that, too. :blink:

Um... how are you getting Firefox to download your "My Finds" PQ? Mine are emailed to me. Did I miss a features update...?
He probably uses Firefox to log onto his email server (Gmail, yahoo, etc.) and downloads the file attached to the email.

I had the same issue last week. I just gave up.

However, I did notice that the zip file folder only came with ONE file in it. That just won't work. It needs both files in order to work. The help screens say that some email servers will pull out one file. That sounds kinda goofy, but like I said....I only found one file in there.

I tried it again a week later. I don't see any options during the download selection on geocaching.com, so I'm guessing something is broke.

It certainly couldn't be me :blink:

I had the same issue last week. I just gave up.

However, I did notice that the zip file folder only came with ONE file in it. That just won't work. It needs both files in order to work. The help screens say that some email servers will pull out one file. That sounds kinda goofy, but like I said....I only found one file in there.

I tried it again a week later. I don't see any options during the download selection on geocaching.com, so I'm guessing something is broke.

It certainly couldn't be me :blink:

I don't believe that the one file error exist anymore. There was a change made long ago that the MyFindsPQ only has one file in it and INATN.com fixed that issue.

I just uploaded my file yesterday and it worked fine for me. Maybe it was just a glitch in the INATN server last week.

I seem to be having a similar problem. I just tried to update my info over there. My previous update was in mid-August and I had 210 finds, and all was well. I just got a new My Finds and now the stats from itsnotaboutthenumbers say I have 9 finds and it's split up randomly over the last three years. My stats went all haywire.

I'm assuming there's a glitch somewhere in the system. I came here to see if anyone else was having an issue and here I see it listed right up top. I also didn't do anything any differently in the past. I guess I'll wait awhile and try to re-upload and perhaps have to wait another week to get a new PQ.

Oh, and I opened up the PQ to check, and all my finds are in there.

If you do the numbers, this site should be making a small (or regular) fortune.

rofl.gif

I'm lucky if I even pull in $10 worth of donations in any given month.

INATN is essentially in maintenance mode right now. I would love to be able to have the time to add more features and such, but I don't.

I'll give you $10 apiece to fix these two caches

GC16QFY moved to Missouri

Tennessee cache, GC1AK40, be added the the list for the CAA maps.

Thanks again for the service you provide.

I REALLY thought you hit the nail on the head, because in fact mine are numbered like that (2) and (3) and (4), so I deleted the (4) and still not working. I tried to upload the original (with no number following it in parenthesis) and that didn't work either.

Bummed because that would have made sense because of Firefox essentially renaming the file. :blink:

Edited by thepurkycachers

If you do the numbers, this site should be making a small (or regular) fortune.

rofl.gif

I'm lucky if I even pull in $10 worth of donations in any given month.

INATN is essentially in maintenance mode right now. I would love to be able to have the time to add more features and such, but I don't.

I'm just wondering why other people aren't having an issue and I am? I'd be willing to fork up some cash through Paypal to get it working again. As I mentioned, I really need it for my county map.

Well, I just re-loaded my August PQ at the site and it still works fine. So it's something about the PQ I got today that is my problem. Whether it's something specific to the formatting of this one or if it's something to do with my finds since the last PQ, I can't be sure. Perhaps I'll poke around a bit and see if I can notice something that stands out.

It's too bad because I was looking forward to seeing the three new counties colored in on my WA map.

OK, further info on my failed update, in case it helps someone. As mentioned previously, it lists only 9 of my 219 finds.

Of the types of caches I have found, the following types of caches show up when I update from the new PQ:

Event

CITO

Webcam

GPS Adventures Maze (though still not listed as such in the tables)

The following do not:

Earthcache

Letterbox Hybrid

Multi-cache

Project APE Cache

Traditional Cache

Unknown Cache

Virtual Cache

As kelita13 found out in a thread in the Website forum, this was caused by a change Groundspeak made to the capitalization in the "found" log. (At least, that's what it sounds like...I haven't verified it.) They have rolled back that change, so INATN will work again.

(But they also say that they are close to switching from text for this to a code number...which breaks INATN unless "maintenance mode" includes accommodating that change.)

Edited by beejay&esskay

As kelita13 found out in a thread in the Website forum, this was caused by a change Groundspeak made to the capitalization in the "found" log. (At least, that's what it sounds like...I haven't verified it.) They have rolled back that change, so INATN will work again.

(But they also say that they are close to switching from text for this to a code number...which breaks INATN unless "maintenance mode" includes accommodating that change.)

When the changes to the GPX formatting in the PQs are changed, I will update the site as necessary to keep things working correctly.

In the meantime, if your latest PQ has the "new" formatting which was rolled back, you're unfortunately going to have to wait a week until you can generate a new PQ that INATN will accept.

Oh hey, the site's not dead? WOOH! Of any cache-stat type site I've seen, INATN was my favourite, and I was saddened quite a bit when the top-10 disappeared (the most interesting part of the site, IMO), and had no posts or updates after that.

But the fact that the site's still being maintained in some form... always a good thing :o. Reading the maintenance blog, looks like it might be a while before top-10 returns (if ever), but at least the site lives on.

When the changes to the GPX formatting in the PQs are changed, I will update the site as necessary to keep things working correctly.

In the meantime, if your latest PQ has the "new" formatting which was rolled back, you're unfortunately going to have to wait a week until you can generate a new PQ that INATN will accept.

Apparently that issue only lasted for 3 hours on the 22nd, so that doesn't apply to me and is still a mystery to why my PQ does NOT work!

The past 3 PQ's aren't loading. I try multiple times both in explorer and firefox. it's not working. I get bogus stats.

Stats for

Total: finds

Total days since first find: 14509 - Overall find Rate: 0/day, 0/week

Total days with a find: (Every

0 days or 0% of your total days) - Average finds per caching day:

Best day: 12/31/69 - finds

Most consecutive days with a find: from 12/31/69 to 12/31/69 (Current streak!)

Longest caching drought: days from 12/31/69 to 12/31/69

Average log size: 0 word - Biggest log: word - Shortest log: word - Number of one-word logs: 0

I've emailed them 3 times with no answer.

For anyone still paying attention to this thread, I was having this problem for months. What I found, though, was I was downloading new .zip files, but because (on my Mac/Safari), they were coming back as 345678.zip the first time, but 345678-1.zip, 345678-2.zip, etc. Once I renamed the file back to 345678.zip and loaded it up, it worked fine.