Halloween Goup Hunt in DuPont WA

Xantos10

What would be more fun than doing "The Bloated Festering Head of My Last Victim" Cache in DuPont, WA than on Halloween Night??? I want to see if anyone is interested in meeting in DuPont and doing the Hunt at 10:30 pm on Halloween. Or are you too afraid to enter the swampy bliss at night??? <_<

Post a reply if you would be interested and I will post the meeting coordinates later. Who knows what will be in the swamp to meet us on our way to the cache. :D And be prepared to get wet and muddy.

Me and the man were talking about doing this one.. And This sounds Like a ton Of Fun!!! Let me check with him...GReat Idea!!

You are enthusiastic and it shows. :blink: Would you mind toning down the font size for future posts? It's a little hard on the eyes.

Hope y'all have fun. I know I did when we started this fine tradition. :huh:

Edited by TotemLake

No worries, I'd rather you hear it from here rather than in a less forgiving forum.

Recommended gear:

knee high rubbor boots with a good sole. Sneakers will be sucked off.

Fisherman Farmer Johns. These are the ones with the rummerzied feet. Big 5 Sports sell these for a very reasonable price.

Peel off and throw away or squirt down for another day.

Two years ago, I wore shorts and Tevas, figuring that skin washes up pretty well, and I was fine. There was mud and then water above that, but nothing much above calf level, and no blackberries. I can't tell you what conditions will be this year, of course, but it has been an unusually dry summer... Bring a couple of gallon jugs of water for a parking-lot cleanup to remove the worst of the mud before you drive home.

Two years ago, I wore shorts and Tevas, figuring that skin washes up pretty well, and I was fine. There was mud and then water above that, but nothing much above calf level, and no blackberries. I can't tell you what conditions will be this year, of course, but it has been an unusually dry summer... Bring a couple of gallon jugs of water for a parking-lot cleanup to remove the worst of the mud before you drive home.

Or bring a change of clothes - the roads are dark enough near the TH to change...

There are a few night caches not too far from there too, one in Clarks Creek Park Near or in Puyallup.

Just a thought.

But I think if we went I'd want to make a day of it, and grab other caches in Dupont until you all showed up.

A large amount in a small area we haven't gotten yet.

I'll let you know what the boss says.

There are a few night caches not too far from there too, one in Clarks Creek Park Near or in Puyallup.

Just a thought.

But I think if we went I'd want to make a day of it, and grab other caches in Dupont until you all showed up.

A large amount in a small area we haven't gotten yet.

I'll let you know what the boss says.

There is a new night cache in the Dupont area:

A Dupont Night Cache

This is NOT a dry year!

Someone has moved the Head. ;) I have replaced it to its original resting place and dried the contents once again. No one has mentioned the log book was full and falling apart so I didn't have one to replace it. Keep the cap on tight to prevent water from getting in.

BEWARE Ellylidan still lurks somewhere.

Ok... I want to get a count of how many (if anyone) is interested in doing this Hunt on Halloween night around 10pm. I am trying to back out (hehe) but my daughter is not wanting to let me do so. Seem like fun, but looking at the weather forcast, it appears to be a rainy night. Let me know if anyone wants to join us.

Ok... I want to get a count of how many (if anyone) is interested in doing this Hunt on Halloween night around 10pm. I am trying to back out (hehe) but my daughter is not wanting to let me do so. Seem like fun, but looking at the weather forcast, it appears to be a rainy night. Let me know if anyone wants to join us.

The wetter the better! It's not as exciting when it's a dry walk...

My boyfriend was interested in this, but now the rain has gotten so intense, i'm not sure I'm up to wading waist deep or deeper at 10 PM.

I'm thinking of doing some other dryer night cache.

Wimping out? maybe.

If you guys back out of this one, want to do some other night caches in the area?

The water/mud is not waist deep. Check out the pics of children doing this cache.

But then since Ellylidan seemed to have a preference for snacking on females I would see your reluctance to do this cache.

There are some night caches for those that want to wimp out and be led through the woods by glowing fire tacks. But this one has no glowing fire tacks except for those of wild critters and creatures of the night.

It looks like it may not rain but there will be no moonlight to illuminate your path.

It seems that no one of late has dared to enter the swamp after dark.

Wow...it is going to be pretty bad being the only one in the swamp on Halloween Night...other than Ellylidan. My daughter keeps telling me I have to go with her on the hunt. But now I am afraid Ellylidan will have her as a snack and then I will be all along!!!! YIKES!!!!! What will my wife say when I come home without my daughter???

Looks like I am going to be a loner on Saturday night. Even my daughter now has a Halloween party to go to. So just me and old Ellylidan out in the swamp together. However, since I am licensed, I should bring my two friends with me...Mr Smith and Mr Wesson. They are my 44 caliber Special friends!!!!! He-he. They take care of me when I am all along with nothing but Swamp Thangs running around!!! LOL

Looks like I am going to be a loner on Saturday night. Even my daughter now has a Halloween party to go to. So just me and old Ellylidan out in the swamp together. However, since I am licensed, I should bring my two friends with me...Mr Smith and Mr Wesson. They are my 44 caliber Special friends!!!!! He-he. They take care of me when I am all along with nothing but Swamp Thangs running around!!! LOL

Be careful what ya aim at; Mr Thomas is already dead, and we want Swamp-thing around for a while to come. :(

I admit I'm surprised you couldn't get a group together for a Halloween visit to this classic cache. Several of us did it three years ago the night before Halloween, and it was a real treat (trick?). Swamp-thing was in rare form. :) Sorry others won't get to experience this with you. Have fun!

P.S. Watch out for Ellylidan.

Edited by hydnsek

I, Xantos, will be the lone soul exploring the swamps on Halloween night and I will be there at 10pm. You better bring all your "Swampy" buddies and I will send all of them back to the mucky depths!!! :)

Hopefully it will be raining so some of that Swampy STINK will wash off !!! Ha-ha :(

Halloween Night...11pm....42 degree temperature...and heading deep into the swamp where Elllylidan had been seen on many occasions. I had tried for over a month in the forums to get a group together but no one could get over their fright to go with me. My daughter, who is only 17 told me she would be glad to go with me. We entered the Swamp around 10 pm and immediately fell into waist deep water. With the temperature near freezing, the water along was a jolt but with the smell of the mud, it was almost more than we could take. After the mud, it was Bushwhacking time. It wasn't long until we were almost exhausted!!! The Moon was almost full and for a Halloween Night, that could only mean Trouble!!!! However, with all the mud, water and bushwhacking we continued on our trip to the Festering Head. Finally we spotted something in the woods ahead. What we saw was a Red Glow. As we got closer we saw the glow came from the skull of of a skeleton of something that was laying on the ground. We knew this spelled trouble ahead. Finally we made it to GZ and were checking out the Cache. As I was on the Cell phone letting my wife know we were safe, my daughter begins to turn off her light and tells me that she hears something breaking limbs. All of a sudden one of the most terrifying sights I have ever seen BURSTS through the trees with a scream that could knock the leaves off the trees. IT WAS SWAMP THING!!!! We had entered his swamp and he was not going to let us leave...at least not leave ALIVE!!!!! So what did I do...What any father would do...Give him Nicole for letting me leave Alive. And Nicole seem happy about the trade. She thought he was cute and that he looked better than many of her friends. So I grab my light and walking pole and head out of the woods alone after midnight on Halloween Night. All of a sudden out of a mist on the road ahead, I see some kind of form appearing. Could it be the Swamp Thing coming back to take me back into the Swamp? Or Could it Be....Or Could it Be????? Yes it WAS!!!! IT WAS NICOLE!!! She had gotten away from Swamp Thing and was back with me...alive and well. Finally I got the real story from her. Once they got where Swamp Thing could see her, he was so Frightened that he ran deep into the Swamp. Her looks and Smell had chased him away and she found a road that brought her back to me. Finally reunited again, we think back on our Halloween Adventure at "The Bloated Festering Head of our Last Victim" and remember all the fun we had. This was a GREAT cache and we both said it was the GREATEST Halloween that we had ever had.

Everyone who did not show up for this hunt were the one's that Lost out This Halloween. This was the most fun EVER!!!! Hopefully the next time I organize a Night Cache I will have more to join so we can Share the Fun!!! Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!!!!! :(

Edited by Xantos10

Just for the record, as one who missed this cache, I rarely do the jump out of a car kind of cache.

In my quest to do all of them, I do indeed have to get them sometimes, but more often go for boat caches or caches that take a bit of a walk in the woods or the like.

We've done tons of caches that take half the day for one cache.

that being said, I am very sorry I missed this one, but it was the right choice for me.

I've got swine flu symptoms and my fever went up over 100 today so it's into the doctor for me tomorrow.

Not the best condition to be wading through waist deep water in 42 degree weather.

Very sorry I could not have been there.

Keep me in mind for other adventure caches and I might even let you in on some of ours. :rolleyes:

Xantos dared not do this one alone. Instead he brought his daughter as a sacrifice for his safety. I could hear your chatter for 30 minutes before you reached the heart of my lair.

You didn't exactly "give" her to me but shoved her in front of me as you fled into the night.

5e5a729b-d7ff-4438-8eb8-79806084c4d4.jpg

What you didn't realize is that Ellylidan and I don't molest children. It is Peg Powler who delights in pulling them under the mud of the bog. They are safe with us and I helped your daughter to find a safe passage back to the path home.

As for the glowing eyes and skeleton maybe they were those of Ellylidan or possibly Fen Dweller. You decide:

8784bdbf-2893-45c6-bb23-8f7afa67fd3d.jpg

18e35a34-9c28-47c5-90dc-c04c58732ce4.jpg

Xantos10, you were wise in running, Mr. Thomas needs a new head, this one is getting quite shabby. You remind me of him when his head was fresh.

498e5f62-1cbb-4232-9a87-ffa5c0b54bf6.jpg

Ellylidan:

"It was in this place that I took my first human victim, a portly balding gentleman strolling along the path. Peg

grabbed his ankle and I leapt up out of the rushes. Oh that

you could see the horror in his eyes! It was as pure as it was

intense. "

Should you decide to revisit beware lest your head is removed and others find it stuffed with treasures.