Waypoint Numbering - Garmin 76CSx

jeep'g

When I enter a new waypoint on my 76CSx after deleting all previous waypoints, why doesn't it begin at 1 again? For example, the next number is 028. How do I get it to begin again at 1? I have deleted all previous waypoints! What am I missing? :laughing:

There should be a way, maybe you need to reset the waypoints or something? I don't know as I haven't owned one, but I would think there's a trick smewhere. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help, I'm intrigued myself! :laughing:

When I enter a new waypoint on my 76CSx after deleting all previous waypoints, why doesn't it begin at 1 again? For example, the next number is 028. How do I get it to begin again at 1? I have deleted all previous waypoints! What am I missing? :laughing:

after deleting the waypoints when you enter the next one manually change the waypoint number to 001. It will count up from there. The 76 seems to cache the last number used and counts from there.

Jim

after deleting the waypoints when you enter the next one manually change the waypoint number to 001. It will count up from there. The 76 seems to cache the last number used and counts from there.

Jim

Jim, Good suggestion -- it appears that the 76CSx does count from the last number inputed. I will try the unit later in the field to be certain, but your suggestion appears to be the solution to the problem. Many thanks! :laughing:

When I enter a new waypoint on my 76CSx after deleting all previous waypoints, why doesn't it begin at 1 again? For example, the next number is 028. How do I get it to begin again at 1? I have deleted all previous waypoints! What am I missing? :D

Here's more information... In case you just want to delete isolated numbers from your waypoint list.

Example Waypoint List: 1,2,4,5,6,7,9,10,(consecutive to 25) 26,29, etc, with several missing numbers between there and let's say 65.

The next waypoint you want to save would normally be numbered "066". Before you "save" it with that number, toggle up to and highlight the 066. Use the keyboard and change the 066 to whatever is your lowest/first in the list "missing" or deleted number. ( 003 in the sequence above)

Save it with that number.

With the sequence above, the next waypoints you save will be numbered 008 ( the next number missing from the list), then 027, then 028, etc , thus "catching" only all the missing numbers thru 065 ( in the above example), then continuing on with 66,67,68 in the standard sequence.

User must manually identify/change to the desired point in the list and it must be a missing number. Otherwise, you will get an error message "waypoint already exists".