Garmin 60Cx stopped communicating with Mac

PA Oil Man

I have a Garmin 60Cx and a Mac Powerbook. Up until now the GPS has had no problem receiving "Send to GPS" messages from cache pages. But now when I try to download the the GPS, I get the message "Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected." I have tried downloading the latest version of the Communicator plug in, but after that it goes to the Garmin Communicator Test page and says "Garmin Communicator Plugin is NOT detected."

When I go to the Interface selection on the GPS it says USB Not Connected. Does this even have anything to do with the browser?

I am running Safari 4.0.3.

Thanks for your help.

Blake

It's probably a conflict with your Flip for Mac plugin (.wmv support through quicktime) - at least it was for me. Do you have it installed? For whatever reason, there is a conflict between the garmin communicator plug in and the flip4mac web plug in. Just move the flip4mac web plugin out of the directory and everything will work fine again.

HD>Library>Internet Plug-ins>Flip4Mac web plugin.

I have a Garmin 60Cx and a Mac Powerbook. Up until now the GPS has had no problem receiving "Send to GPS" messages from cache pages. But now when I try to download the the GPS, I get the message "Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected." I have tried downloading the latest version of the Communicator plug in, but after that it goes to the Garmin Communicator Test page and says "Garmin Communicator Plugin is NOT detected."

When I go to the Interface selection on the GPS it says USB Not Connected. Does this even have anything to do with the browser?

I am running Safari 4.0.3.

Thanks for your help.

Blake

Here is a recent post regarding this topic on the Yahoo group:

A new version of Flip4Mac WMV 2.3.0.11 was released yesterday.

Some of the members of this group, including me, were having problems

trying to get the "Send to GPS" button to work when on a geocache page

when in Safari 4.x. It worked fine under Safari 3. The solution was to

remove the "Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.webplugin" file from the Internet Plug-

Ins folder inside the Library folder.

I installed the newest Flip4Mac release today and it appears to be

working with BOTH plugins automatically installed where they are

supposed to be, and running under Safari 4.0.3.

No confirmation is necessary, but it would be nice to know I'm not

crazy ;-)

Is it working as expected for anyone else who had this problem?

Stan

Yahoo Group

Thanks!!! That fixed it. As soon as I got rid of the Flip4Mac version I had and reloaded the Garmin plugin - it worked! I then downloaded the newest Flip4Mac and installed it and the Garmin still worked.

Is there any other Mac software that you would recommend I install? I downloaded MacCache.com and am giving that a try.

Thanks,

Blake

I was using mac caching but I found that when I transfered some caches to my 60Cx, the coordinates were wrong. Talk about a pain! I have since switched to Garmin BaseCamp and it rocks the set. It's the only software I use now to transfer/manages my caches. And, it's free! :laughing:

Thanks!!! That fixed it. As soon as I got rid of the Flip4Mac version I had and reloaded the Garmin plugin - it worked! I then downloaded the newest Flip4Mac and installed it and the Garmin still worked.

Is there any other Mac software that you would recommend I install? I downloaded MacCache.com and am giving that a try.

Thanks,

Blake