Pocket Queries

SoftailDakota

How do you load pocket quieries to the Oregon 400..... And if you do this, can you delete the individual caches one at a time as you find :laughing: them. I'm so confussed.

It's quite easy, but you need to hook it up to your PC or Mac. Look for the GPX folder. All your geocache gpx files are stored there. Just delete the ones you no longer want. That's all there is to it.

Pocket Queries are custom geocache queries you can have emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis. They are in a format you can bring along with you on cache hunts on your GPS and/or PDA. You can select a GPX or LOC text file that works with supported software applications. Because of the detailed queries, each search can run only once per day. You have up to 5 pocket queries run every 24 hour period.

See detailed instructions on creating your first Pocket Query. Learn how to use other Premium Features.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/Support/ind...384&nav=0,5

:D Thanks for that page, yet still a question. I can copy the whole pc to my Oregon, but once I mark a single cache as found from that pocket querie, I can not find that particular cache in my files to delete it.Is there a way to delete a single cache from a pocket querie once found, from your Oregon? P. S. Thanks for your help.

Edited by SoftailDakota

:D Thanks for that page, yet still a question. I can copy the whole pc to my Oregon, but once I mark a single cache as found from that pocket querie, I can not find that particular cache in my files to delete it.Is there a way to delete a single cache from a pocket querie once found, from your Oregon? P. S. Thanks for your help.

No - but really no need to do that either.

It is now marked as found so you won't be led back to it. Next time you do a fresh PQ it will either be left off or come emailed marked as found. You really should get the newest and freshest data regularly on your unit anyway.

How do you load pocket quieries to the Oregon 400..... And if you do this, can you delete the individual caches one at a time as you find <_< them. I'm so confussed.

It's quite easy, but you need to hook it up to your PC or Mac. Look for the GPX folder. All your geocache gpx files are stored there. Just delete the ones you no longer want. That's all there is to it.

Pocket Queries are custom geocache queries you can have emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis. They are in a format you can bring along with you on cache hunts on your GPS and/or PDA. You can select a GPX or LOC text file that works with supported software applications. Because of the detailed queries, each search can run only once per day. You have up to 5 pocket queries run every 24 hour period.

See detailed instructions on creating your first Pocket Query. Learn how to use other Premium Features.

Do I Feel like a newbie or what?? Never been on a Forum, did not know anyone had responded. Thanks for your info, but still a question. Once a pocket querie has been loaded on to gps and once you have marked one cache found on your Oregon from the querie can you treat that cache as an individual and delete from your Oregon just the one cache you found from the querie on your gps with the computer hook up? Is that like a DAHHH question. Sorry if it is. I just want to figure this out after loading them one at a time since I have become a member a year ago. Thanks ahead of time. I appreciate your help :D

http://support.Groundspeak.com/Support/ind...384&nav=0,5

No - but really no need to do that either.

It is now marked as found so you won't be led back to it. Next time you do a fresh PQ it will either be left off or come emailed marked as found. You really should get the newest and freshest data regularly on your unit anyway.

Thank you, I'll figure this all out someday, including the forum which I have never been on. thanks for your help <_<