Colorado 300 Crashing

Scoff Cruddle

A couple of weeks ago, I was up in the hills. It was a bit damp, no rain, but dense hill fog had visibility down to about 50 feet on average, sometimes a bit less. In such conditions, a reliable GPS would be helpful.

I looked at the screen of my Colorado, and fine droplets were forming on the glass screen. When I left a summit and had to find the next path, I looked at the Colorado and it was off. I powered it up and it worked fine again for half an hour or so when it happened again. It happened a third time later on.

I thought it may be down to the dampness, so didn't report it, even though in my opinion, that shouldn't have affected it. Yesterday whilst doing the Snowdon horseshoe, in bright sunshine, and cloudless skies, it happened again, just the once, but that's once too many.

This is my second unit, the first went back because of a faulty wheel. Is there something I should try with this unit, or should I just get in touch with Garmin support. I have GB Discoverer mapping on it, but again, I don't see why that should be an issue.

Scoff

I thought it may be down to the dampness, so didn't report it, even though in my opinion, that shouldn't have affected it. Yesterday whilst doing the Snowdon horseshoe, in bright sunshine, and cloudless skies, it happened again, just the once, but that's once too many.

This should NOT be happening. These things are designed to be able to withstand fully being dunked in water up to 1 meter according to the IPX7 specifications. Call Garmin and hopefully they'll fix/replace it for free. If not, prepared to be raped. :laughing:

God, I love my good old rock solid 60CSx. :laughing:

This should NOT be happening. These things are designed to be able to withstand fully being dunked in water up to 1 meter according to the IPX7 specifications. Call Garmin and hopefully they'll fix/replace it for free. If not, prepared to be raped. :laughing:

God, I love my good old rock solid 60CSx. :D

Thanks for that. Maybe I should have stuck with my Geko :laughing:

I'll drop Garmin an e-mail next week.

Scoff