Oregon 300 Bike Mount

croweman

I own an Oregon 300 and living in Colorado I sometimes switch between hiking and biking to reach caches in the area. I've noticed that just about everytime I mount the 300 it freezes up on me. I have to power off and restart it to do anything. I've notice action alson during all kinds of weather conditions, rainy, cold, dry and hot. I normally keep the 300 in the "Geocaching" profile. Is it because it is set at walking speed and not automobile? Or could it be from the vibrations on the ride?

I own an Oregon 300 and living in Colorado I sometimes switch between hiking and biking to reach caches in the area. I've noticed that just about everytime I mount the 300 it freezes up on me. I have to power off and restart it to do anything. I've notice action alson during all kinds of weather conditions, rainy, cold, dry and hot. I normally keep the 300 in the "Geocaching" profile. Is it because it is set at walking speed and not automobile? Or could it be from the vibrations on the ride?

I also have an Oregon 300 and Garmin Oregon bike mounts.

I have never experienced the problems you describe. I have mounts for both a mountain bike and a road bike. The Oregon performs flawlessly on both bikes.

I have an Oregon 400t and use it on a bike as well with no issues. I am thinking there is something wrong in the batter compartment and when you slide it on or off the mount its causing a brief power interruption. ...try reseating the battery and memory card if your using one....see if that helps. I would also try to recreate the trouble while not on the mount...by pushing on the batter cover. Of course you could call Garmin as well.

Good luck!

I have a similar issue with my Oregon 300, it seems to me like it takes about 90 secs for it to switch back from a calculated heading (while going over 2 mile/hour) to the electronic compass heading. The wait time and speed was configurable on my GPSMAP 60CS but not on the Oregon.

I think one of the firmware updates help correct this problem, but doesn't seem to be a complete fix.

HI

what you are describing has happened to me once while using the Garmin discoverer maps.

the reason for this was the zoom level, if you have the zoom level to close the map refresh can not keep up!

simply zoom out to a wider view and the problem ceases.

this could be the reason but if it persists i would contact Garmin.

Hope this helps