No more icons?

Droo

Is it my imagination or is Coins and Pins getting too cheap to purchase icons? It seems all their coins are pre-sale only and they always have the disclaimer that if they don't reach the 250 sale mark there won't be a custom icon. But did Yemon Yime's v.2 not sell well? Or his alien compass rose?

I'm shocked at how many generic icons listed on CoinCodes are for CoinsAndPins coins.

It raises the insult of pre-sale to a new level. Not only do you have to wait for a month or more to receive your purchase but there is distinct possibility that $11 coin comes without an icon, as you'd expect from an $8 coin.

Now, I may be out of line and if I'd only activate my coins I'd see they do indeed have icons but I'm not willing to risk another Generic icon for a coin I thought was beautifully designed and deserves an icon to present itself online.

Is it my imagination or is Coins and Pins getting too cheap to purchase icons? It seems all their coins are pre-sale only and they always have the disclaimer that if they don't reach the 250 sale mark there won't be a custom icon. But did Yemon Yime's v.2 not sell well? Or his alien compass rose?

I'm shocked at how many generic icons listed on CoinCodes are for CoinsAndPins coins.

It raises the insult of pre-sale to a new level. Not only do you have to wait for a month or more to receive your purchase but there is distinct possibility that $11 coin comes without an icon, as you'd expect from an $8 coin.

Now, I may be out of line and if I'd only activate my coins I'd see they do indeed have icons but I'm not willing to risk another Generic icon for a coin I thought was beautifully designed and deserves an icon to present itself online.

Hear! Hear!

Ruud4d

Hello droo,

It would be nice to get an email from people who identify problems with coin icons. Most of the geocoins we sell have icons. Only a few have not sold well enough to reach the icon level.

We also host our own codes these days. Most of the time, we did not supply icons to coincodes due to the hectic schedule we have, so their listing is not accurate as what coins have icons and which do not. Please reference the geocaching.com icon list and you will see that there are many icons listed there that are not on coincodes.com.

By the way, not all our coins have the statement that it may have an icon. Most state that it will have an icon. As a matter of fact, look at our coming soon page and you will see that all the coins there are projected to have an icon.

If anyone suspects a coin should have an icon and it is not showing, then please send us a note and we will gladly look into it. There are times that geocaching.com loads an icon and it just never shows up. We had this problem just two weeks ago with three of our coins where we supplied the icons and they had problems. Geocaching.com fixed it as soon as it was identified to us and we in turn notified Geocaching.com. The problem was fixed in one day.

In addition to your note about our prices: we give back to the geocaching community several thousands of dollars each year in donations to events and customer recommended charities. We also spend lots of money on new product development. If you do not like our prices, then by all means, please do not purchase from us. However, I believe there are people who understand that we do not put our money to waste and instead help the geocoin and geocaching community. I understand the importance of giving back to the community and putting money back into the business to keep things going strong.

Again, any concerns about our products, please send us an email. We are always happy to help. We rarely look at the forums, and no one in the forums works for us to know the true details of what happens behind the scenes here at CoinsAndPins.com.

I appreciate all of our supporters.

Thank you.

Hello droo,

It would be nice to get an email from people who identify problems with coin icons. Most of the geocoins we sell have icons. Only a few have not sold well enough to reach the icon level.

We also host our own codes these days. Most of the time, we did not supply icons to coincodes due to the hectic schedule we have, so their listing is not accurate as what coins have icons and which do not. Please reference the geocaching.com icon list and you will see that there are many icons listed there that are not on coincodes.com.

By the way, not all our coins have the statement that it may have an icon. Most state that it will have an icon. As a matter of fact, look at our coming soon page and you will see that all the coins there are projected to have an icon.

If anyone suspects a coin should have an icon and it is not showing, then please send us a note and we will gladly look into it. There are times that geocaching.com loads an icon and it just never shows up. We had this problem just two weeks ago with three of our coins where we supplied the icons and they had problems. Geocaching.com fixed it as soon as it was identified to us and we in turn notified Geocaching.com. The problem was fixed in one day.

In addition to your note about our prices: we give back to the geocaching community several thousands of dollars each year in donations to events and customer recommended charities. We also spend lots of money on new product development. If you do not like our prices, then by all means, please do not purchase from us. However, I believe there are people who understand that we do not put our money to waste and instead help the geocoin and geocaching community. I understand the importance of giving back to the community and putting money back into the business to keep things going strong.

Again, any concerns about our products, please send us an email. We are always happy to help. We rarely look at the forums, and no one in the forums works for us to know the true details of what happens behind the scenes here at CoinsAndPins.com.

Thank you.

I stand corrected. I was wrong and your beautifully designed coins are iconed as they deserve to get the attention they need online.

I love your coins and have been an avid customer for a few years now but not seeing icons on Coincodes lit a fire in my belly and I ran with. Please forgive me for jumping the gun.

Hello droo,

Thank you.

I stand corrected. I was wrong and your beautifully designed coins are iconed as they deserve to get the attention they need online.

I love your coins and have been an avid customer for a few years now but not seeing icons on Coincodes lit a fire in my belly and I ran with. Please forgive me for jumping the gun.

fire in the bely quenched???

it's always good to contact the owner; you'll find that the coinsandpins team is responsive and proactive...

:laughing: