COINSWAG.COM Orders

Sierra Rat

On July 8, I ordered a TB decal and TB patch from Coinswag.Com. A few days later they billed my credit card. I haven't received my items yet and every time I e-mail an inquiry I get a reply that that the items are back order and I will get them soon. The last e-mail I got back from Coinswag.Com stated my items would ship in 2-3 weeks, that was on August 27. While I believe this is a honest business I'm getting concerned and my patience is starting to wear thin. Also, the fact that my credit card was charged immediately, rather than when the items where shipped also concerns me. Anyone else with delayed orders from Coinswag.Com. Any opinions about this business?

Thanks, Sierra Rat

"Trash talking a business on these forums concerns me. Especially without merit. :laughing:"

WOW, I must admit I'm more than surprised by this response. I don't believe I "trash talked" anyone. In fact, I said in my original post, "I believe this is an honest business." However, there are events that have caused me concern and these events were stated without "trash talking" the business or anyone connected with the business.

Fact 1) Item ordered July 8 and credit card billed July 8th

Fact 2) An e-mail response on July 29 stated, "you should expect to see your order on your mail box by the end of next week."

Fact 3) An e-mail response on August 12 stated, "[your order] will be shipping on the 17th. Sorry for the delay."

Fact 4) An e-mail on August 27 linking to an order update site and that site stating, "your order will ship in 2 to 3 weeks."

My quest here is not to "trash talk" anyone. In fact, if I haven't made it perfectly clear, all responses by this business to my e-mail inquiries have been timely and friendly. However, with the constant delays I just thought I would inquire here to see if anyone else is having problems, that's all. If no one else is currently having or has not had any problems in the past, then I will wait patiently for my order. However, if others are having problems I would like to know about it so I can request a refund.

Edited by Sierra Rat

They're an honest business and I've dealt with them several times. Sounds like they're doing what they promise and do so in a predictable way. Like all Geocoin dealers, they're a small business with 100% Satisfaction Guanantee.

Trash talking a business on these forums concerns me. Especially without merit. :D

100% Satisfaction Guarantee - HA! Coinswag.com billed my credit card on July 8th, the day I placed my order and I still haven't received my coins. They say that they will return your money at any point in the transaction BEFORE the order is shipped, but they sure don't stand behind that promise.

On September 6th, I finally got an answer to my numerous email inquires and phone messages. It read, Wow it looks like we somehow skipped your order, Ill get it shipped out on monday. Very sorry for the slow shipping. That was 19 days ago and again, I am getting no response from the company.

I don't consider this trash-talking the business. It is very frustrating when someone takes your money and then ignores you. That is horrible business practice. I posted an inquiry on the Idaho Geocaching Association forums and got an email back from someone that has a similar experience with the same company, but his money loss is a lot more and the time frame is far longer.

And to address the suggestion by ShowStop, I have repeatedly asked for my money back, but when someone completely ignores you, it's pretty hard to get anywhere with them.

I would love to say that the coins eventually showed up, but judging from the way I have been treated, I'm not holding my breath, so perhaps this post can serve as a warning to future vistitors to the Coinswag website.

Edited by SerenityNow
And to address the suggestion by ShowStop, I have repeatedly asked for my money back, but when someone completely ignores you, it's pretty hard to get anywhere with them.

I would love to say that the coins eventually showed up, but judging from the way I have been treated, I'm not holding my breath, so perhaps this post can serve as a warning to future vistitors to the Coinswag website.

Thats when you need to take it up with your credit card company. There are time limits to when you can report and deal with issues like this with them, so it would be better to call them sooner rather then later, when it becomes too late.

I contacted Coinswag and they canceled my order on September 25, however, my credit card has yet to be credited. I sent an e-mail today informing them that if I did not see the credit by September 30, I would contact both PayPal and my credit card company to file a complaint. Thanks to SerenityNow for letting me know that others out there have been having the same problem with this company.

For those who may be following this dialog, it is important to note that you only have 45 days from the date of the original purchase to file a dispute of charges with PayPal. It seems some businesses know how to string you along to run out the clock on this time frame. A big red flag on any purchase is when a company charges you for your items prior to their being shipped. I hope this information will be of value to others.

One final note to make, the company I'm having problems with is Coinswag.Com, please do not confuse this company with Geoswag.Com, with whom I've never had a problem.

I expressed the same concern to PayPal that you mentioned regarding the 45 day issue. I encourage you to write to PayPal with your dispute even though it has been beyond the 45 days. It took me three return emails after they gave me the PayPal stand on the issue repeatedly but I finally got this reply this past Saturday:

We encourage you to file a dispute. This is

documented in the seller's account records. We recommend you stay in

contact with the seller to find a resolution.

PayPal reserves the right to reopen any claim for investigation within

180 days if multiple complaints are received about a single seller. We

will notify you if this is the case.

So, anyone that has a problem with this seller, there is power in numbers!

If Paypal hasn't solved the issue, then contact the credit card company. I use Paypal a lot, but I STILL run everything through my credit card instead of my bank account (as Paypal would prefer).

I had been giving the company my trust and hoping that the coins would arrive, but I finally figured out that they must have simply promised the coins and let it get past the 45 day PayPal guarantee. I did recently contact my Discover card and they have credited my account as I figured they would. They have always been great with protecting my rights. I just hope they get somewhere in their attempt to get their money back from Coinswag.

I had been giving the company my trust and hoping that the coins would arrive, but I finally figured out that they must have simply promised the coins and let it get past the 45 day PayPal guarantee. I did recently contact my Discover card and they have credited my account as I figured they would. They have always been great with protecting my rights. I just hope they get somewhere in their attempt to get their money back from Coinswag.

Having trust in a company that you've done business with is awesome. But when it comes to money....well, businesses don't always have the same perspective as individuals. I've never heard of billing your card before the item ships and would have been suspect after the first time they pushed back the order date. It really sucks that you trusted this company and they did that and are now trying to avoid you.

Having said that, I also recently made a purchase with a coin company. I got the notification that the coins were ready, I waited a week and then paid for my order. A couple days later, I received notification that one of hte coins was NOT ready and that it would be a couple of weeks. You can bet I'm keeping an eye on that one!

I too had to go to my credit card company to get my money back from this vendor. I guess there are several lessons to be learned here.

1. Don't trust a vendor who bills you for a product prior to its shipment.

2. Dispute any charges for an item if you have not received it in 40 days of being billed; NO matter what the vendor claims to be the cause of the delay.

3. Always use your credit card with PayPal, because when PayPal won't stand behind you, your credit card company will.

Well this is a bummer! :)

I placed an order with coinswag.com on Aug. 23rd, payed with paypal (taken the same day) and have been waiting ever since.

I have noticed that the items I ordered from them are now shown in their "coin vault".

On the 25th of October I sent and e-mail to their "Shipping Dept." link at their website inquiring as to the status of this order.

I have still not received a reply from them.

I just sent another inquiry to their "General Contact" link.

I guess I'll give it a little more time for a response before I contact paypal and my credit card co. and I'll let ya know of any developments.

Wish I'ld have found this thread sooner......................

I placed two seperate orders for geocoins from CoinSwag.com on 6-11 and 8-23. I've tried emailing them, with no response. I have not received my coins. Now their preorder page has been taken down, and the main page says "ALL PENDING ORDERS FOR Groundspeak COINS, GLASS TRAVELERS WILL BE SHIPPING SOON, GIRL PIRATES ARE NEARLY DONE AND SHOULD BE SHIPPING WITHIN TWO WEEKS." with no date as to when that was posted. It's said that for at least two or three weeks. I ordered a girl pirate, glass traveler (personalized), antique copper pirate, and antique silver pirate.

If you haven't already, please post to the COIN BUYER AND VENDOR RECEIPT/FEEDBACK THREAD.

I'm going to try another email. I know I will never order from this company again after this, though. :(

I placed two seperate orders for geocoins from CoinSwag.com on 6-11 and 8-23. I've tried emailing them, with no response. I have not received my coins. Now their preorder page has been taken down, and the main page says "ALL PENDING ORDERS FOR Groundspeak COINS, GLASS TRAVELERS WILL BE SHIPPING SOON, GIRL PIRATES ARE NEARLY DONE AND SHOULD BE SHIPPING WITHIN TWO WEEKS." with no date as to when that was posted. It's said that for at least two or three weeks. I ordered a girl pirate, glass traveler (personalized), antique copper pirate, and antique silver pirate.

If you haven't already, please post to the COIN BUYER AND VENDOR RECEIPT/FEEDBACK THREAD.

I'm going to try another email. I know I will never order from this company again after this, though. :unsure:

Yeh,

I saw that too.

Several weeks back the site said the Pirates were nearly done and should be shipping within 2 weeks.

That was removed last week, and now it's back.

Who knows?? :(

I have sent more emails, with no response. :)

We have notified everyone on our contact list as to the problems and they in turn have been notifying everyone on their contact list. :D

Good luck to you. :D

I'm going to try another email. I know I will never order from this company again after this, though. B)

Well.........

It has been two weeks since coinswag re-posted the note. We have sent multiple emails since then and..............................NOTHING!

We have contacted paypal..........for what that is worth and urge anyone else with the same problems to do so also as well as posting to the above thread.

We have notified everyone in our circle and they have passed the information along.

Hopefully no one else will get "taken" by these guys!

I just received this email today from them,

Dear Paul,

Hello,

This email is in regards to a recent order you may have placed, first we are very sorry for this email taking so long to get out. While ordering coins an international wire transfer was lost and we lost our money to make coins, we are doing our best to save up enough for a order to fulfill the coin orders that are currently waiting to be filled but it will take a few more weeks before we can get an order in. What I need from is to know whether you want a full refund or if you would like the coin, if you do not respond I will proceed with our order and send you the coins as soon as the come in. I will also update our website each week on Mondays as to the status of the pending orders. Thanks for your time and sorry for the mess.

Once again so sorry for the late response, I know some of you have gone through this before and I assure you I will honor refund request as well as completing this project and getting you your coins witch ever you choose to decide.

Sincerely,

Jake Wright

CoinSwag.com

Well to their benefit..........

We got the mass email too.

We were in contact with paypal this weekend and were wondering if that had anything to do with it.

It is hard to know what to do next.

We do know people that have had fine transactions with them and we've found plenty of negative publicity too.

A more personal email would have been nice, but at least we finally got some kind of response.

We checked the web site and have noticed no change.

It still says:

"ALL PENDING ORDERS FOR Groundspeak COINS, GLASS TRAVELERS WILL BE SHIPPING SOON, GIRL PIRATES ARE NEARLY DONE AND SHOULD BE SHIPPING WITHIN TWO WEEKS."

So it is still any ones guess.

Apparently coinswag also sells on ebay under the name of random_painting their feedback rating is 88.9% and there have been problems there also (See Here) so "buyer beware"!

They are currently trying to sell Geocaching it's in the Blood and Hang Loose Cachers geocoins as well as the "Sold Out" Pirates of the Geocache geocoins that we ordered.

They are asking twice as much for their "Pirates" coins than we paid them which may explain why they are in no rush to get ours out.

There is still no change on coinswags website, ie-No update as promised in their newsletter.

Edited by rockymtn8iv

Apparently coinswag also sells on ebay under the name of random_painting their feedback rating is 88.9% and there have been problems there also (See Here) so "buyer beware"!

They are currently trying to sell Geocaching it's in the Blood and Hang Loose Cachers geocoins as well as the "Sold Out" Pirates of the Geocache geocoins that we ordered.

They are asking twice as much for their "Pirates" coins than we paid them which may explain why they are in no rush to get ours out.

There is still no change on coinswags website, ie-No update as promised in their newsletter.

Another 2 weeks and................nothing!

No website updates, no answers, no coins.............nothing!

Apparently the mass email was a sham!

We have also had this problem, and now it appears that there web site has not been working for several weeks. We did get an email from coinswag a few months back that they had a large amount of money stolen and were working to fill orders. However now with no way to contact them concerns me. We will also be contacting paypal. wolfpack--6,

On July 8, I ordered a TB decal and TB patch from Coinswag.Com. A few days later they billed my credit card. I haven't received my items yet and every time I e-mail an inquiry I get a reply that that the items are back order and I will get them soon. The last e-mail I got back from Coinswag.Com stated my items would ship in 2-3 weeks, that was on August 27. While I believe this is a honest business I'm getting concerned and my patience is starting to wear thin. Also, the fact that my credit card was charged immediately, rather than when the items where shipped also concerns me. Anyone else with delayed orders from Coinswag.Com. Any opinions about this business?

Thanks, Sierra Rat

We are another victim of these robbing scumbags :unsure::)

Is there anything we can do to Mr Jake Wright?

This was his email but he does not reply to us now.

Dear kevin smith,

Hello,

This email is in regards to a recent order you may have placed, first we are very sorry for this email taking so long to get out. While ordering coins an international wire transfer was lost and we lost our money to make coins, we are doing our best to save up enough for a order to fulfill the coin orders that are currently waiting to be filled but it will take a few more weeks before we can get an order in. What I need from is to know whether you want a full refund or if you would like the coin, if you do not respond I will proceed with our order and send you the coins as soon as the come in. I will also update our website each week on Mondays as to the status of the pending orders. Thanks for your time and sorry for the mess.

Once again so sorry for the late response, I know some of you have gone through this before and I assure you I will honor refund request as well as completing this project and getting you your coins witch ever you choose to decide.

Sincerely,

Jake Wright

CoinSwag.com

We are another victim of these robbing scumbags :unsure::)

Is there anything we can do to Mr Jake Wright?

Getting the word out on forums such as this is a step in the right direction. I also started a thread in the Idaho Geocachers.Org forums about my situation way back in August. Here's the forum post link. Why Idaho? Jake Wright lives and conducts business in Idaho! I thought that his fellow cachers in the area might talk with him and pressure him into coming clean. I was totally appalled that he advertises his business as "family" and he has a wonderful "money back guarantee" listed, but he handled the business so unprofessionally and outright un-honestly.

In my situation, PayPal was no help at all since Coin Swag very cleverly strings you along past the PayPal 45 Day guarantee. It is nearly impossible to get Pay Pal to do anything after that 45 days has expired. Their system just closes you down repeatedly looking for confirmation numbers that aren't available after the 45 day period. I was lucky enough to have paid through my Discover card so they gave me back my money and they went after CoinSwag for it. I'm sure that if Discover were eventually unable to collect money from his account, he would never be able to apply for their billing services again.

It's sad that Groundspeak didn't make him take their merchandise off of his website after seeing so many people getting ripped off. At least it appears that the Coinswag website is down now and he won't be pulling any more unwitting victims into his web of deceit. I hope others that haven't been reimbursed still have a chance to recoup their losses.

By the way, I ultimately ordered the coins from USA Geocoins and they arrived in ten days. I highly recommend them!

Hello,

we have also lost our money.

We have ordered on the 02nd of September, 2009, till this day no delivery and no money back.

Also about the GC profile ,,Team JSAM,, we have already tried to get in touch, up to now without success. We have informed Geocaching and Groundspeak, because these make advertisement still for Coinswag.

Hopefully he does not make in future under another shop name the same play.

Dajana

Edited by wischi-kueffi

does anyone know how to get activation codes for cooinswag.com coins?

I tried coincodes.com with no luck

mine are "coin pal" and "geocaching is the key" coins

thanks in advance

You're probably out of luck since their site is gone. You might try emailing contact@geocaching.com as a last resort. They should have the activation codes. Be patient with them though, as it might take a few days for them to reply.

Hi everyone!

I am the glass artist that Jake commissioned to make the GlassTraveler coins. He placed an order with me for 20 coins in November, then I never heard from him again! I have personalized coins for : ibmer, chadbishop, moonie, lesserl, bulle4u, 200.Gast, HexeLilly, Glynes (5) and mbarb(2) as well as 6 that are not personalized. I can't convert this glass to any other use, so if the owners would like to contact me and pay postage (I'm guessing $1.50 or less) I will be happy to send you your coins. These do NOT have tracking numbers since he never provided me with the list of trackable numbers from Geocaching.com, if you can obtain one, I would be happy to put in on the coin for you.

Since I just joined the group in order to post this offer, I'm not sure....is it ok for me to post my business e-mail address here?

Sorry we are all going though this!

Sharon

Hi everyone!

I am the glass artist that Jake commissioned to make the GlassTraveler coins. He placed an order with me for 20 coins in November, then I never heard from him again! I have personalized coins for : ibmer, chadbishop, moonie, lesserl, bulle4u, 200.Gast, HexeLilly, Glynes (5) and mbarb(2) as well as 6 that are not personalized. I can't convert this glass to any other use, so if the owners would like to contact me and pay postage (I'm guessing $1.50 or less) I will be happy to send you your coins. These do NOT have tracking numbers since he never provided me with the list of trackable numbers from Geocaching.com, if you can obtain one, I would be happy to put in on the coin for you.

Since I just joined the group in order to post this offer, I'm not sure....is it ok for me to post my business e-mail address here?

Sharon

I sent an email through your profile, so whatever email you signed up with tis the email address you'll be receiving it from. Thank YOU for getting in touch with those of us CoinSwag screwed over.

does anyone know how to get activation codes for cooinswag.com coins?

I tried coincodes.com with no luck

mine are "coin pal" and "geocaching is the key" coins

thanks in advance

You're probably out of luck since their site is gone. You might try emailing contact@geocaching.com as a last resort. They should have the activation codes. Be patient with them though, as it might take a few days for them to reply.

*** UPDATE ***

The codes are now up at coincodes.com under "Coinswag.com coins."

Click here to retrieve activation codes for CoinSwag geocoins

Hi everyone!

Sharon

You should sell them on ebay. I probably would buy one after i saw what they looked like. :rolleyes: