Feature request

power69

Remove 'found it' from dropdown of log your visit if you've already logged a found it on a cache.

I can understand wanting to enforce "one find per cache," but I think it'd be a major pain to change the code simply for when a person finds a cache without much extra benefit. The only "pro" would be that everyone could only log a cache as found once. I just don't think it's worth the hassle of rewriting the code for that. It seems that when multiple finds are listed, it's not really a big deal- maybe a person accidentally logged it as a find, or doesn't know how to change it (I'm sure this happens a lot with those starting out). I don't think it harms anyone to have a cache as being found twice. Perhaps for some people, particularly at an event, they might purposely log a cache multiple times if there were temporary caches... or they might actually find it multiple times.

While I am also a strong believer in the "one Gc number equals one and only one find" philosophy - I know this just isn't going to happen.

In certain areas, repetitive events use the same cache page over and over again for different dates - just one example.

Dropping the found it option from caches already found shouldn't effect the attended log type would it?

Remove 'found it' from dropdown of log your visit if you've already logged a found it on a cache.

I can understand wanting to enforce "one find per cache," but I think it'd be a major pain to change the code simply for when a person finds a cache without much extra benefit. The only "pro" would be that everyone could only log a cache as found once. I just don't think it's worth the hassle of rewriting the code for that. It seems that when multiple finds are listed, it's not really a big deal- maybe a person accidentally logged it as a find, or doesn't know how to change it (I'm sure this happens a lot with those starting out). I don't think it harms anyone to have a cache as being found twice. Perhaps for some people, particularly at an event, they might purposely log a cache multiple times if there were temporary caches... or they might actually find it multiple times.

I would find this feature useful for myself. I have accidentally found (and logged) caches more than once. It would save me a lot of trouble if the program simply would not let me do it.

A local cacher logged a find on one of our caches and then went out and found it again after we had had to relocate it a short distance away.

The second find is valid because it was just as much of a search as the first time.

Some people just can't get enough of our caches! :D

Mark

A local cacher logged a find on one of our caches and then went out and found it again after we had had to relocate it a short distance away.

The second find is valid because it was just as much of a search as the first time.

Some people just can't get enough of our caches! :D

Then, IMHO, the original cache should have been archived and a new page created...

different hide == different cache page