Now Available: Moebius Geocoin

Jackalgirl

Hello, everyone --

I'm really excited! In November, the Geocoin Store is going to be selling a coin I designed, the Moebius Geocoin:

Moebius_Silver.jpg

Moebius Geocoin - Satin Silver (RE)

Moebius_Gold.jpg

Moebius Geocoin - Satin Gold (RE)

Coin Stats:

Size: 2"

Thickness: 4mm

Enamel: IHE

Other features: Shaped, cut-out

Custom icon:

moebius_32px.gif

Read more about the coin and its design.

The coin was a lot of fun to design, and many thanks go to Pete for helping out and for being willing to make it. Please keep an eye on this thread -- as we get closer to the sale date, there'll be more information posted here. You can also sign up for my newsletter to get updates.

Cheers!

wow! a very awesome design and idea! i'm curious if you were inspired to create this geocoin from the international "recycling" symbol, which is also...sort of...a mobius? if you were, its a great concept that fits in well with the C.I.T.O. motto, and if you were not aware of the "recycling" symbol, then maybe you can use the information to promote a "green" approach to geocaching and keeping our Earth a beautiful place to live and to visit! :laughing:

Recycling Symbol Information

wow! a very awesome design and idea! i'm curious if you were inspired to create this geocoin from the international "recycling" symbol, which is also...sort of...a mobius? if you were, its a great concept that fits in well with the C.I.T.O. motto, and if you were not aware of the "recycling" symbol, then maybe you can use the information to promote a "green" approach to geocaching and keeping our Earth a beautiful place to live and to visit! :laughing:

Recycling Symbol Information

I hadn't actually thought of that -- I was just thinking of the actual moebius strip concept. However, that's a really good point -- I'll start work on a separate Moebius CITO coin since the concept deserves full attention. : )

Maybe someone can point me to the right direction with this question but...with 5 coins in my cart, shipping to my address is like $7.50! :)

Yet when I remove a coin, it goes down to $4.92. ;)

I really want to buy some coins from this vendor but something seems very fishy here.... :o

I really like these coins too.

Edited by ThePetersTrio

You'd think coin vendors would have heard of USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes for $4.95. I refuse to pay such exorbitant prices for shipping anymore. I guess I'll have to hope to find someone to trade with me unless the vendor is willing to explain why the price is so high. ;)

One vendor I contacted about shipping issues were more than happy to check into it and low and behold they found there was a problem with their cart system and refunded the difference. Now that is good customer service! :)

You'd think coin vendors would have heard of USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes for $4.95. I refuse to pay such exorbitant prices for shipping anymore. I guess I'll have to hope to find someone to trade with me unless the vendor is willing to explain why the price is so high. ;)

One vendor I contacted about shipping issues were more than happy to check into it and low and behold they found there was a problem with their cart system and refunded the difference. Now that is good customer service! :)

Did you contact this vendor?

Seems like that would be the first, and logical step, huh?

:o

I looked everywhere on the webpage for a way to do so but didn't see it. Do you have contact info that I could try? I'd love to see if this issue could be resolved.

I looked everywhere on the webpage for a way to do so but didn't see it. Do you have contact info that I could try? I'd love to see if this issue could be resolved.

left-hand column... 3/4ths of the way down: Contact us.

Or: http://www.geocoinstore.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Well, just so those of you that already know this, I am this vendor ;) Actually, I work for them. So I'm not trying to be silly, but we didn't see a contact info email about this today, so I don't know the specifics of your order.

I have to assume you've hit our "flat rate" wall, where any more coins over a certain weight will remain at $7.50. I can check with our shipping guy, but I'm sure we send your items flat rate priority at that price. It's obvious that the stamp we buy is $4.95, but there are other handling and packaging services figured in.

I'll take a check through our rate chart and confirm the individual weights of the new coins, but at .81 pounds or higher, it looks like $7.50 is the flat rate shipping charge.

If you take your order up to $100, shipping is free, so that's always an option too.

TMA

Well, just so those of you that already know this, I am this vendor ;) Actually, I work for them. So I'm not trying to be silly, but we didn't see a contact info email about this today, so I don't know the specifics of your order.

I have to assume you've hit our "flat rate" wall, where any more coins over a certain weight will remain at $7.50. I can check with our shipping guy, but I'm sure we send your items flat rate priority at that price. It's obvious that the stamp we buy is $4.95, but there are other handling and packaging services figured in.

I'll take a check through our rate chart and confirm the individual weights of the new coins, but at .81 pounds or higher, it looks like $7.50 is the flat rate shipping charge.

If you take your order up to $100, shipping is free, so that's always an option too.

TMA

I didn't know and meant no disrespect. I just about had a heart attack when the price for shipping made such a large jump with the addition of 1 coin. It seemed as though something wasn't right. I myself send coins out almost every day and know what the costs are to ship. And yes - I realize there is often a "handling" fee involved...I've just never encountered one that high for only 5 coins.

Unfortunately, spending $100 isn't an option (if I wish to stay married that is) so hopefully something can be resolved here. I just can't justify spending that much on shipping with the economy being what it is. I've had to reduce my purchasing dramatically already and for me, looking at these sort of added fees is unfortunately one place where I've had to draw the proverbial line.

And to the OP - sorry for the temporary derailing of this thread. I LOVE your coins and still hope to add a few to my collection by hook or by crook. :)

Well, just so those of you that already know this, I am this vendor :) Actually, I work for them. So I'm not trying to be silly, but we didn't see a contact info email about this today, so I don't know the specifics of your order.

TMA

I didn't know and meant no disrespect. I just about had a heart attack when the price for shipping made such a large jump with the addition of 1 coin. It seemed as though something wasn't right. I myself send coins out almost every day and know what the costs are to ship. And yes - I realize there is often a "handling" fee involved...I've just never encountered one that high for only 5 coins.

Unfortunately, spending $100 isn't an option (if I wish to stay married that is) so hopefully something can be resolved here. I just can't justify spending that much on shipping with the economy being what it is. I've had to reduce my purchasing dramatically already and for me, looking at these sort of added fees is unfortunately one place where I've had to draw the proverbial line.

And to the OP - sorry for the temporary derailing of this thread. I LOVE your coins and still hope to add a few to my collection by hook or by crook. :o

That's no problem ;) I'm glad you got me looking at the flat rate cost, because I fixed the $.55 update going forward. Hopefully you can trade for a few of these then. Thanks.

TMA

edit to add. Feel free to contact me anytime @ pete@geocoinclub.com if you want to ask questions.

Edited by The Moop Along