any way to get NMEA out of a Garmin Summit HC?

wildirishtime

The Interface page doesn't let you choose NMEA. I want to output NMEA

DIRECTLY to another piece of hardware, so software solutions on PC's will not work.

Anyone with suggestions would be apprecaited, I don't want to buy

a 60 or 76CSx, looking for a direct solution.

According to Garmin the answer is no but I'm hoping someone else has ideas!

Thanks!

Edited by wildirishtime

Yup, it's the same on my 60CSx. Wish it would do direct USB output so I don't have to buy some funky cable.

It will. You can use Garmin's Spanner program or Franson's GPS Gate to port the data into NMEA format via USB.

As to the OP's question, there is no direct way to port NMEA from a Summit HC directly (without a PC). If you want a cheap solution get any old serial etrex or the current model etrex H.

Edited by Red90

Yup, it's the same on my 60CSx. Wish it would do direct USB output so I don't have to buy some funky cable.

It will. You can use Garmin's Spanner program or Franson's GPS Gate to port the data into NMEA format via USB.

Um, no. The OP, and myself, wish to port DIRECTLY to another piece of hardware that isn't a PC. Software "patches" won't work in this case.

Um, no. The OP, and myself, wish to port DIRECTLY to another piece of hardware that isn't a PC. Software "patches" won't work in this case.

The Op is out of luck, but the 60CSX will work.