petition to bring back trainlove

the_bell_dingers

I'm interested that someone who was not even a member of the site when the ban was applied, is so certain that the individual in question was "wrongly banned".

Groundspeak and the moderators do not enjoy banning people. There is a whole process of escalating levels of warning before any action is taken, let alone a long-term ban. Signal doesn't wake up with a bit of a headache and decide to ban people for no reason.

I'm interested that someone who was not even a member of the site when the ban was applied, is so certain that the individual in question was "wrongly banned".

Groundspeak and the moderators do not enjoy banning people. There is a whole process of escalating levels of warning before any action is taken, let alone a long-term ban. Signal doesn't wake up with a bit of a headache and decide to ban people for no reason.

I second this post.

Exactally. I'm assuming the ban discussed was only in the forums? The account on Geocaching.com is active.

THE WAAS FIX has helped alot of folks - it was that brought my old 9 year old GPS out of the closet and back into the woods where it belongs.

What was his WAAS fix?

Where have you been? B) A large portion of Magellan GPSr's lost the ability to "see" WAAS sats courtesy of Magellan. Of course Magellan said the problem was not able to be fixed.

The fix.

I third this post...

...and I am now off to BellDing© the Geocaching Topics Forum...and somehow work in a Ringbone...

THE WAAS FIX has helped alot of folks - it was that brought my old 9 year old GPS out of the closet and back into the woods where it belongs.

What was his WAAS fix?

Where have you been? B) A large portion of Magellan GPSr's lost the ability to "see" WAAS sats courtesy of Magellan. Of course Magellan said the problem was not able to be fixed.

The fix.

Magellan? Well, there you have it. Garmin guy here. And to think that I amost signed the petition because of that!! ;)

This thread is almost as though an occult hand from Trainlove has reached out from the great banned beyond and pleaded through an alter-ego to be reinstated. Its spooky!

I don't believe we have had enough time for the wounds to heal from the Trainlove incident. However, I'm fully on board for a reinstatement of Trackinthebox, Sept1ctank and Upinyachit AKA Broncoholics.

Magellan? Well, there you have it. Garmin guy here. And to think that I amost signed the petition because of that!! B)

You're right. Many have learned that the hard way though! Still yet, a good number of cachers use Maggies.

I don't believe we have had enough time for the wounds to heal from the Trainlove incident.

I'd love for someone to point this out to me.

I don't believe we have had enough time for the wounds to heal from the Trainlove incident. However, I'm fully on board for a reinstatement of Trackinthebox, Sept1ctank and Upinyachit AKA Broncoholics.

Thought Trackinthebox geocided because he couldn't hide a cache in an NPS administered area?

Correct. But he still was banned. who's to say he doesn't want to come back? B)

so... let me get this straight... I'm like the rickroll? B)

just what I always wanted!

If you unsuspectingly click on an innocent looking link on the internet (in this case a Geocaching.com forum thread) without checking to see who the original poster is, only to find out it's another thread by the_bell_dingers, then yes, you've been Belldinged. So there are similarities to Rick Rolling.

So he had a WAAS fix that helped alot of people....what does that warrent being unbanned for something else he did? I don't see the world saying, "oh that's okay that this person over here did something unexcusable but because they helped alot of other people at one time, we just let it pass." I don't know a thing about the situation, but know it doesn't sound right at all. From all the forums I have experienced, if he would contact TPTB and apologize, explained that he learned his lesson, and ask to be given another chance; he would probably get it. This thread smacks of a trollish nature that is meant to stir something up. So on that grounds, I say leave him banned and ban anyone from this point on that mentions his name. B)

Edited by TEAM HARTSOCK

so... let me get this straight... I'm like the rickroll? B)

just what I always wanted!

no, i think the real definition of belldinging is when you don't get enough attention at home and start useless threads that are unabashedly and persistently green and clueless.

Thought Trackinthebox geocided because he couldn't hide a cache in an NPS administered area?

Correct. But he still was banned. who's to say he doesn't want to come back? B)

But, he did arouse my interest in Grey Towers. I'll have to stop and visit it sometime. ;)

His post was probably the most distasteful post I have seen in ANY forum. I would not support his re-instatement ever.

Trackinthebox's posts bore the mark of someone who is truly, clinically ill. Although it's easy to laugh, imagine that he lives his life that way, every day, and that he takes his fantasies seriously. An unfortunate, miserable existence.

I suspect that any petition is counter productive especially if as in this case it appears that he (Trainlove) was instrumental in starting or encouraging it. If he truly wants to be welcome in the forums I suspect a more productive approach would be a sincere apology to the moderators and Groundspeak and an indication that he understood what he did wrong and would not do it again. If that is an approach, he is not willing to take or if he's tried it and those he offended are not ready to forgive, that I don't think the forum ban is going to be lifted and this tread is a waste of time and electrons.

Team Taran