Oregon 400t and NW Trails

Xantos10

Well...I guess I must be brain dead; but I can't figure out to save my life how to install it to my GPS. I don't understand how to download the maps to my GPS with Mapsource or the other program they recommend.

Then you'll want to post for help here or here which is where you should be posting for this project. There are some very experienced folks at those two locations that can help you there. I'm a DeLorme user and can help if you're using a PN series but not much help with the Garmin.

Well...I guess I must be brain dead; but I can't figure out to save my life how to install it to my GPS. I don't understand how to download the maps to my GPS with Mapsource or the other program they recommend.

1. Download: NW_Trails_v1.48.exe (or whatever the most current release is) and run it. That will install/register the maps with mapsource.

2. In mapsource, zoom way out so that you can see the area of maps that you want to download (example: zoom out so that you can see all of Washington).

3. Again, in mapsource, select the NorthWest Trails map set from the dropdown selector (if it's not there, the maps didn't install/register properly with Mapsource), click on the map tool, then hover over Washington (you should see a bold yellow outline of the state). Click it. You should see Washington appear in the Maps selection sidebar.

4. In Mapsource again, click on the Send to GPS icon. Select Maps. Hit <enter>

5. You should see Mapsource build the map set, then transfer it to the GPS. Every time you do this it will overwrite previous maps (the file gmapsupp.img) that you've sent. It won't overwrite your Topo maps (gmapprom.img).

6. Restart the GPS and go to Setup, then Maps, then enable the NWTrails.

NW Trails is a transparent overlay, so you should see the trails over the topo or city nav maps that you have installed.

It's a very cool setup.

If you're not able to get it working, you can PM for my phone number and I can walk you through it.

Sam