forum labels

the_bell_dingers

I was kind of disappointing to find out after 100 posts, My label doesn't change from "geocacher" to "pro" or something like it. Can Groundspeak make any more labels?

Number of forum post no more make you a PRO than number of caches found. You either are a geocacher or you're not a geocacher.

(Note: a tadpole is a baby geocacher, but still a geocacher.)

whats the difference between platinum and premium membership?

Platinum memberships are hand selected by a secret board. Only a few cachers a year are bestowed with this honor and most of them never let you know about their inclusion in this group. In all my years of caching and going to events I have only meet one that I know of for sure although I have meet a couple others that I believe have this level of membership.

The only true way to tell is to get an invite yourself and have the Groundspeak jet pick you up for the annual meeting in Seattle. I think they give out the coordinates to all the puzzle caches and the top secret mapping software at this meeting. But as I have never been invited I am only guessing based on some of the cachers I have cached with.

I was kind of disappointing to find out after 100 posts, My label doesn't change from "geocacher" to "pro" or something like it. Can Groundspeak make any more labels?

oh. THAT explains the profligate starting of useless threads.

It's more curiosity...

i have a lot of curiosity. i had many questions when i started out.

instead of starting a new thread for every thought that popped into my head, i read the existing threads and sometimes even used the search function.

oh. THAT explains the profligate starting of useless threads.

It's more curiosity... ;)

What is? Seeing how many threads you can start?

Now if we could just get the post count erased. :)

You're just jealous that the Chad pal has more than you. I think you need to start more threads. :D

But... It's not about the numbers :rolleyes:

;)

How about, when someone gets to 100 posts, everybody who has posted in a thread which the 100-ee started, gets to vote on a forum title for them, which they then get to wear for a week or so? "For my 100th post, the forum regulars awarded me the title of -------". I'm sure there would be some interesting proposals.

The only true way to tell is to get an invite yourself and have the Groundspeak jet pick you up for the annual meeting in Seattle.

I just want to ride the plane! Maybe it has the GC logo on the tail. That would be great! :laughing:

I would think it would have a TB number instead, now I would discover that one for sure!

:laughing: