Kent Cachers get together

Top rope ian

Now that the days are getting shorter and the light is going, and clocks changing what are we going to do now??

Are there any cachers in Kent that want to get together one evening to share their summer stories and best caches of 09.

I'm thinking of Witherspoons, Maidstone one Thursday eve.

Any takers?

Maidstone is great for me B)

The local cachers at Little Miss Naughty's ,Naughty Weekend got together and agreed to try and set up a monthly meet in Kent.Pray 4 Mojo tasked himself (under duress) with the first meet ...we wait to see what he comes up with and have pledged our support...jusy awaiting where and when....

MooToo

I just happened to come on the forums for a completely different matter (anyone else's my finds PQ all screwed up??) and saw this post. I am happy to start the regular events in kent but if anyone else has an idea they can start. Quick poll of people at lmn event the other week seem to have come up with the following:

Saturday lunch/evening looks the best time for a meet as many people work late in the week.

One month it should be in east/north kent and the next west/south kent so that everyone gets a fair chance of attending.

If anyone has an idea of where to hold the first event (maidstone seems fine for the first one) or want me to organise it drop me an email via my profile to discuss it.

Now to solve my PQ problem....

I have suggested the Malta at Maidstone (J6 M20) on the river, plenty of parking, food and drink. with a few caches on the tow path.

Anyone with a canoe? as there is a new 5.5 multi in the area and we could all join forces.

Top Rope

There was an event there a couple of years ago (GC17BJJ) so they maybe happy to have us again...I can give them a ring see it is ok with them again.

Quick email between Top Rope Ian and I and we can both do the 10th of October. Anyone who frequents this forum and may go have a problem with that can contact me and I can change it?

I will ring the pub see what they say.

The Malta worked well last time, it was easy being right alongside the motorway, we even had a few people from the big smoke coming along.

It also has a decent size car park, serve food and can cope well with any numbers that turn up.

Of course that was the best event ever organised in Kent :D

that sound a great idea. how about on the boardwalk outside bluewater!!!

loads of muggles there.

Good to see you guys are getting together - I'd love to have had the chance to meet with the names I was seeing repeatedly in caches while I lived and Geocached in Snodland, until late 2006.

Best wishes for the get together/event.

In my experience, just set a date, publish an event and people will come - but remember you need at least 2 weeks notice for an event. I arranged my first South Wales autumn event this year (GC1Y1NC) in Swansea and over 30 came. Traditionally we have 3 annual events here in South Wales - Autumn, new year and the South Wales Annual Event which is a camping event which usually attracts people from further afield making numbers more like 70-100.

Plus, we're looking into the future and getting plans for Mega 2011 under way where we're expecting/hoping for significantly more than 500 to attend (the first 2 megas attracted around 1000 each).

You may wish to combine an evening event with a CITO event or something similar in the afternoon... We had a pirate flashmob event (GC1NVBZ) at this year's South Wales event (GC1JMM6)!

Hi there. I'm going to be in the area (Chatham(ish)) towards the end of Oct and beginning of Nov. Are there any plans for a get together during this time? I'd definitely like to link up with some UK cachers to share stories/coins and get a feel for what caching is like in the area.

If you're looking for a template for what we call "Pub Night" you can look up my profile and check out the two events that I've hosted.

Thanks,

Hi there. I'm going to be in the area (Chatham(ish)) towards the end of Oct and beginning of Nov. Are there any plans for a get together during this time? I'd definitely like to link up with some UK cachers to share stories/coins and get a feel for what caching is like in the area.

If you're looking for a template for what we call "Pub Night" you can look up my profile and check out the two events that I've hosted.

Thanks,

There are a number of areas around chatham that are cache rich, and some that are more difficult and challenging.

I'm happy to meet for a beer or do a few while you are in the area.

TRI from Chatham UK