strange message

the_bell_dingers

A few days after my "how to become a moderator" topic was introduced, I got this strange message,

"Be it hereby known that thee, The_Bell_Dingers shall never become a moderator of any of the Groundspeak forums, and shall never be considered to be a volunteer cache reviewer, and shall never be considered as a Waymarking category manager.

Asking to become one is the ONLY way to forever, never, be considered for that distinction.

Firstly even though it sounds like volunteer, it means that you are suggested by the community of moderators and reviewers and the existing moderators/reviewers talk about you behind your back for over a year before acting on it. So here one can see that someone with less than a hundred forum posts can't possibly be known to the community.

Secondly, asking for it probably means, in this day and age, that you have some kind of agenda that you want to impose upon everyone else and will try to use this as a means to an end. The ezisting system is designed to prevent that from possibly happening.

Sorry,

This has been said many times before in the forums.

I think there is an answer such as this in the forum and geocaching FAQ." :(:huh::)B)

first, is this for real.

second, why would somebody send this to someone with less than 100 posts? are they scared?

...Secondly, asking for it probably means, in this day and age, that you have some kind of agenda that you want to impose upon everyone else and will try to use this as a means to an end. The ezisting system is designed to prevent that from possibly happening....

Didn't they point out in another thread that even a whiff of an agenda (or commercial) is enough to put the kibosh on a cache. Likeways if you want to be a reviewer then clearly you have an agenda. Heck even the ones they chased down and forced into servitude have agenda's.

this was a message I received from trainlove just now

"Quote: you have something against curiosity? Unquote"

"Not at all. I was just informing you of your faux-pas.

I just got lots of emails from friends, a reviewer in Croatia, a reviewer in Quebec, a couple moderators I've met and so on thanking [b[you[/b] for mentioning me in your post about the strange message. They were unaware why I've been banned from the forums (well the moderators know), and the cryptic mention of why (which is a total fabrication since it was totally not racial at all) pointed them to finding out why.

P.S. PM'ing in the forums is not strange. People do it all the time. I do it at least 10 times a day to answer peoples questions directly since I can't answer them in their threads for all to see (banishment and so on).

Here are a couple of the things I eluded to in my original PM to you:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/Support/ind...&nav=0,5,30

and

http://support.Groundspeak.com/Support/ind...&nav=0,5,30

I know there are at least a couple more mentions of this information, perhaps in a different manner, elsewhere on r2d2.geocaching.com, forums.Groundspeak.com and www.Groundspeak.com

Ray.

Keep asking good questions.

Keep on caching.

Have fun.

Read the forums. Read the FAQ's. Click every link on every geocaching.com page sna every forum page. The best way to learn is to discover."

so... what do you think?

I was just confused that someone would send a message like that, and to send it someone who is not that substantial in the GeoWorld

No offense here, but Trainlove has done much for the geo-world. I can't stress that enough. It's unfortunate that he can no longer post here.

Nothing to see here. It was no big deal. Just a message. It just sounds like another excuse to start a topic. ;)