cache from home

Pico Sailors

There are plenty of virtual caches to which you can find the answer from your home computer. There are a lot of 1-stage multis based on information on a historical marker, which can also be found online, so you can solve the final coordinates. You can pull up the camera for any webcam cache, and if so inclined, grab a screenshot and Photshop yourself in. There are also a ton of puzzle caches that you can solve from home and determine the actual coordinates. Doing any of these can be fun and educational.

Should you then go to the cache page and log a find and claim a smiley? My opinion -- no. Maybe post a note to the page thanking the cache owner for giving you the opportunity to work through a new type of puzzle or to learn a new bit of history, but no smiley.

Technically, as noted, you are not supposed to "find" virtuals this way, but many people have, especially in the winter months. It is especially popular with German cachers for some reason.

Sometimes, admins have figured this out and closed the caches, particularly controversial now since no new virtuals have been allowed since December, 2005 and existing ones are grandfathered in not to be returned once archived. Some believe the reason they did this to begin with was the potential for such abuse with virtuals.

There used to be a lot of bookmark lists of "Armchair" caches, but I believe most of these have been shut down as well.

And for some unknown reason, armchair caching is particular popular with cachers from Germany.

B) help me please

are there any caches - virtual or webcam that you can do from home?

Try emailing all the cachers who start their logs with, "Greetings from Germany." :huh: Seriously though, why would you want to be a cheater and a fake cacher?

:( I dont want to be a 'cheater' or a 'fake cacher'

I just want to complete an icon cache where I have to do six diferent types of caches in one day. but as I only have four available to me I was looking at other ways of achaiving a web cache which we dont have here!

B) help me please

Try emailing all the cachers who start their logs with, "Greetings from Germany." :huh: Seriously though, why would you want to be a cheater and a fake cacher?

:) I dont want to be a 'cheater' or a 'fake cacher'

I just want to complete an icon cache where I have to do six diferent types of caches in one day. but as I only have four available to me I was looking at other ways of achaiving a web cache which we dont have here!

It was inevitable people were going to take that the wrong way, don't worry about it. Yeah, I guess a well-rounded day challenge is going to be difficult if you live on an Island. :(

B) help me please

Yet you logged a find on Four Windows...?

Edited by Castle Mischief

B) help me please

I don't know if it is sanctioned, but I know that at least some webcam cache owners allow both the person on cam AND the person/people doing the screen capture to claim a find on the cache. Of course, you'd first have to locate a webcam cache like that, and then somehow hook up with someone that was going to be doing the cache (on the camera end).

But arm-chairing a virtual would definately not be sactioned, officially or unofficially.

Last I heard that cache was under review.

Ah! Is that what we are calling "archive" these days? ;)

I guess the review is over!

Fear not. Four Windows has resurfaced on Navicache. It has the old 2003 Geocaching.com placement date, but it's location in the list of Navicaches by date submitted is consistent with an August 23rd submittal and approval. Maybe it's also been submitted as a Terracaching.com locationless, but I don't feel like looking. :)