YemonYime V3 ~ Savor The Citrus!

YemonYime

But I wants the icon. the Preciousss icon! [/gollum]

hmm, methinks I need to find a v3 owner near me to visit and discover the coin.

Then my issue is resolved. I'd love to try to find a few other coins that I have that are unactivated to discover to get the icons, but I know that just randomly getting a TB code is not good. Don't want to lock anyone's coin.

Pity there wasn't a way to get an icon for the trackable page that didn't involve activating the coin.

oh well. Off to bed.

of course when I get the coin...I have a big decision.....activate it for the icon (is there a red icon, or is it still the green icon) or keep it unactivated....

decisions.....

Don't Activate it !!!!!!!!

Imagine how much you will get for it in a year or two !!!!

Put it away for that, ....

OH MY GOSH, I have sudden bills and no way to pay them!!!!!!!!

JMHO

Opalsns

I sincerely hope you're kidding.

But I wants the icon. the Preciousss icon! [/gollum]

hmm, methinks I need to find a v3 owner near me to visit and discover the coin.

Then my issue is resolved. I'd love to try to find a few other coins that I have that are unactivated to discover to get the icons, but I know that just randomly getting a TB code is not good. Don't want to lock anyone's coin.

Pity there wasn't a way to get an icon for the trackable page that didn't involve activating the coin.

oh well. Off to bed.

Come up to Springdale for a day of caching. ;)

of course when I get the coin...I have a big decision.....activate it for the icon (is there a red icon, or is it still the green icon) or keep it unactivated....

decisions.....

JMHO

Opalsns

No, I'm Serious.

Don't get Offended.

People sell other peoples coins all the time.

Opalsns

decisions.....

JMHO

Opalsns

No, I'm Serious.

Don't get Offended.

People sell other peoples coins all the time.

Opalsns

Encouraging the winner of a cointest to not activate a gift geocoin so that they can sell it later pretty much defeats my reasons for gift giving.

I'm fully aware of the "market" for some geocoins, so instead of putting them exclusively on that market, my intention was to give some away to people who might just appreciate them as the unusual hunk of metal that they are. With so many people who are new collectors, and those that don't have the kind of funds to toss around on eBay, I always thought this forum was the perfect place to do that. But if the underlying purpose of entering a cointest has really changed so much for some; if it's less about trying to OWN an exclusive geocoin, and more about gaining something to sell later...then I'm not likely to have any more cointests here. It's absolutely not the case that I don't sympathize with others' personal dilemmas, I'd just rather not encourage using this forum as a place to repeatedly solve them.

My cointests were about giving unique versions as gifts for geocoin collectors, not facilitating temporary financial solutions.

I can have an opinion.

Also He wasn't sure if he was going to activate it to begin with.

I'm sure He loves that coin with all his heart, but he said he wants the Icon.

If you stop cointests because of someone's opinion,

Then you are being ... Citrus Ridiculus

As well as childish.

And It was my Honest opinion, if someone offered me 200.00 for a coin, Guess What ??

Please don't use me as the reason for You not Wanting To Have Cointests.

Opalsns

Oh and PS: Alot of folks have needed help here in the coin forums and have used coins here and on ebay to help them out.

And 'm sure they are thankful for the people who offer up the coins for them to do what they want with it.

Edited by opalsns

Ya, don't give up on us. I entered because I loved the coin, and this was my only realistic chance at getting one. I don't have tons of coins to trade with, and I certainly couldn't afford to buy this one in an auction. While it may not have panned out for me this time, but one of these days it will. Then I'll have a fantastic coin with a cool story. And those are the 2 most important parts of my geocoin collection.

Edited by aniyn

Oh and PS: Alot of folks have needed help here in the coin forums and have used coins here and on ebay to help them out.

And 'm sure they are thankful for the people who offer up the coins for them to do what they want with it.

I have ebayed for for a good deal of my coins, and I have been happy to see a coin I really want become available to me. But It breaks my heart just a little when I can't get a coin I want because it sells out right away, only to have the people who did manage to get one turn right around and try to gouge me for it on ebay. I know it's capitalism, but I certainly never see anyone come in here and say, "Wow, great coin! I can't wait to see how much I can get for it!" And that seems just a little dishonest to me.

I can have an opinion.

As well as childish.

And It was my Honest opinion, if someone offered me 200.00 for a coin, Guess What ??

Opalsns

I'm not so ridiculous as to put any stipulations on the new owner, but my intentions are clearly to encourage collecting, not reselling. What happened to that kind of common sense here?

If more people like yourself see an opportunity, rather than a simple gift...then my effort is moot and my point is unfortunately proven.

Oh, and I've NEVER seen anyone enter another person's thread and suggest to their cointest winner that they should think about how much they could get for it. Times are certainly a-changin'.

Speaking on behalf of those who gift coins I don't believe they should be sold no matter the reason, to me it's an insult and hurtful. They were given it in the spirit of sharing and wanting to see recipients desire of a special coin fulfilled. If a time comes where they need to part with it for whatever reason, it really should be offered to the original giver first and have them decide what they would want done with it. I was lucky enough myself recently when BrokenW returned her gift of the Raiders coin back to Tsun and I begged nicely with my measley trade offers and she just out and out gave it to me. : )

I also recently received a totally awesome coin package in the mail, from someone who I won't name, but was totally blown away and would never think of selling those either.

To me, gifts and trades shouldn't be sold. They should be kept, released, or regiven, to keep the original spirit of them going.

just my opinion : )

Please my friend Do not give up on us! Cointests have a lot of fun and your coins are fantastic!!! I love the coin a lot, I can not affort buying one... actually I can not affort buying coins right now, and this cointest was a good chance to have one! I was sad when I haven't seen in time the other cointests..

I admit I wouldn't activate the coin but I would keep it in my collection... ;)

I can have an opinion.

As well as childish.

Opalsns

I'm not so ridiculous as to put any stipulations on the new owner, but my intentions are clearly to encourage collecting, not reselling. What happened to that kind of common sense here?

If more people like yourself see an opportunity, rather than a simple gift...then my effort is moot and my point is unfortunately proven.

Oh, and I've NEVER seen anyone enter another person's thread and suggest to their cointest winner that they should think about how much they could get for it. Times are certainly a-changin'.

Yime or Yemon,

I am sorry that I said to sell in your thread. I can see how that might have offended you.

Your Coin Is Beautiful and anyone who wants it should cherish it.

People like me, HMM. I gift so many coins on this forum , in so many ways for FUN and I don't care what the winners do with their coin.

I will appologize to you for the response on the your thread, but not for my opinion.

"Times are certainly a-changin'."

YUP, People making GEOCoins and making a few HIGHLY Collectable coins and get outrageous money for them.

Hmm, Thanx for the Advise !! ( smiley face)

Keep making great coins, I hope the will remain Collectable always !

Opalsns

Speaking on behalf of those who gift coins I don't believe they should be sold no matter the reason, to me it's an insult and hurtful. They were given it in the spirit of sharing and wanting to see recipients desire of a special coin fulfilled. If a time comes where they need to part with it for whatever reason, it really should be offered to the original giver first and have them decide what they would want done with it. I was lucky enough myself recently when BrokenW returned her gift of the Raiders coin back to Tsun and I begged nicely with my measley trade offers and she just out and out gave it to me. : )

I also recently received a totally awesome coin package in the mail, from someone who I won't name, but was totally blown away and would never think of selling those either.

To me, gifts and trades shouldn't be sold. They should be kept, released, or regiven, to keep the original spirit of them going.

just my opinion : )

I Gift Coins !!!!!!

Probabally as many as you. Maybe More.

I just Traded a V1 Birka for a GPS coin and Older Personal.

They sold it on Ebay.

For over 40.00 bucks.

Should I be Offended ????????

You have a Opinion.

So Did I

I appologized to Yime and Yemon for posting on his thread.

This is over .

Opalsns

ok, my 2 pennies on this.

look, I'm a relatively new cacher, just 7 months in. Every coin I have is treasured. I do activate most of mine, but I have currently 4 that aren't activated in case I want to trade or do a coin mission since activated geocoins are looked down upon, since they could easily be adopted over when sold or traded (but I'll won't go on a rant on that issue with coins. Or trying to figure out a way to make the logistics work every time. Not going there. Anyway...)

The ones that I haven't activated I would love to have the icon for them since I had 'discovered' them, but since they aren't activated, I don't get credit for seeing that type of coin.

And, yes, I am aware that unactivated coins are worth more, be it a trade or in dire issues, money.

My comment about activating it or not was just random musing. Coins that I have absolutely no intent of trading ever gets activated...well, except the two AE coins I have won in various contests.

Regardless, its my decision what I want to do with the coin. I'm sorry my late night ramble caused so much trouble. I can't wait until tomorrow when hopefully my package with a shiny red yime shows up and I can see it. I would never have the opportunity to get a yime as I really don't buy a ton of coins, and the major events are far away from where I live.

Why do I keep some unactivated? I dunno. I think it's for the 'just in case I ever want to really, really, trade for something, and it's about the only thing that could ever get me that trade.'

ok...I'm rambling again.

and I really have no idea where this is going and/or what my point was going to be...so to summarize.

I'm getting a Red Lime!!! WOOHOO!

(can you tell it's almost christmas break? So can't wait until my students start going away for break....)

Times are certainly a-changin'.

Already did and still you set yourself up for failure... can't help you there.

I don't believe they should be sold no matter the reason, to me it's an insult and hurtful. They were given it in the spirit of sharing and wanting to see recipients desire of a special coin fulfilled. If a time comes where they need to part with it for whatever reason, it really should be offered to the original giver first and have them decide what they would want done with it.

Whereas I agree with this altruistic notion it is also totally naive to assume people are going to 'gift back' ~ it occasionally happens on a whim or moment of caring... but the coins I gift to people come with no strings and it really isn't worth the effort and fuss to get all worked up about when they are sold. Sure I am sad to see something get sold that I gifted, but people lose interest in coins and coiners and it slips down the pecking order of importance.

The reality is (as Yime pointed out) this is now a coin market of collectors, not a coin community of cachers who trade coins.

The reality is (as Yime pointed out) this is now a coin market of collectors, not a coin community of cachers who trade coins.

Unfortunately too many cachers out there taking coins out of the game. Or too many coins ending up on the black market stirring the belief that one day all those hoarded coins can be worth big dollahs.

Congrats Ashallond on your prize. Did you get it yet?

I am finally getting around to activating some of my coins I have had laying around. The YYv3 I cant seem to get the activation code for it from CoinCodes. So now what?

Good question, and thanks for reminding me to post this here.

The activation codes for the YemonYime v3 Geocoins (all versions) were hosted at CoinsAndPins.com. Since their website is currently down, they have asked that you contact them directly through their geocaching.com profile for your activation codes.

HERE is a link to the CoinsAndPins geocaching profile

Be sure to include the name of the coin along with the tracking number. Also, make sure you are not hiding your return e-mail address, so they can get back to you.

Thanks!

I have fallen for Geocoins straight up. I only wish I new about it in the begining. I love many of the coins out their, I think more hand crafted individually designed would be nice and signed by the artist. I have seen a few out their. I love art all together and I believe this is a great way to express art in a whole. My dad is an artist mostly sculpture, that's what I mean by hand crafted. I have asked him to design me a coin. If he could only find the time. i can get so excited I sometimes forget to be patient. love the geocoin revolution. period.

I have fallen for Geocoins straight up. I only wish I new about it in the begining. I love many of the coins out their, I think more hand crafted individually designed would be nice and signed by the artist. I have seen a few out their. I love art all together and I believe this is a great way to express art in a whole. My dad is an artist mostly sculpture, that's what I mean by hand crafted. I have asked him to design me a coin. If he could only find the time. i can get so excited I sometimes forget to be patient. love the geocoin revolution. period.

Before you jump in and make your coin, read the pinned threads at the top of the forums.