YemonYime V3 ~ Savor The Citrus!

YemonYime

#1 gets my vote.

The "Yime" is communicated through the signature color scheme, so the actual yime shape in the second one is simply duplicating information.

The V3 concept is illustrated with the 3 shapes clearly as well.

I favor #1 because it is simpler, communicates quicker and more clearly with less information, and well, is ICONIC. That's the whole point, right? :)

Mr. Yime,

I vote for #2 I like the Yime coin design and using it in the Icon continues the theme.

As for the eyelashes, and other references, not to sure but I think the lines make the Icon POP.

I like the idea that it seems to be giving off presence.

Or maybe it is Yime Juice being squirted into the eyes of those whose eyes were a bit wide from the other side.......

Either way another great coin in your series.

chooseicon.jpg

Can't make up my mind, so who better to ask than the helpful and fanatic geocoiners of the Geocoin Forum?

Please help me decide which icon to use for the YemonYime V3 Geocoin.

If you'd like to vote, please submit a "1" or a "2", with one vote per GC ID please.

I will award two very special versions of this coin to two lucky winners.

One at random, and the other based entirely on creative reasoning for your vote.

Savor the Citrus!

I like #1.

It will make for a clearer Picture, but In this Icon I can see the three circle symbols representing your YY Godess' Head and " Chest " and the three long symbols represent her Body and 2 outstretched arms. :drama:

Opalsns

Edited by opalsns

Thanks everyone for your votes and opinions, and please...keep 'em coming! Some really funny and interesting reasoning here, which won't make it easy to choose the "creative" winner. Don't forget though, there will be a random winner, so let your voice be heard, and exercise your Yimerican right to vote!

I'll let the voting/cointest go until Tuesday the 6th (around midnight), and then announce the winners sometime before I leave for Salt Lake City on Thursday the 8th. That way, GC should be able to load the icon in time for everyone to see when their GCF Yimes are activated! And, if any of the winners are present at GCF, I'll personally hand you your prize! BTW, the Yimes I'm awarding here aren't available for sale at GCF either...they're spayshul. :lol:

Edit to add: If you'd like to be guaranteed one of the antique finishes, and you haven't already placed an order with CoinsAndPins.com, you can still do so HERE until sometime this weekend.

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting coiners at GCF!!!

Yime

Edited by YemonYime

HEY..Nice one! :anibad:

I yike #2 icon best... I mean, its OBVIOUSLY a Yime! :lol: almost 100% sure I wont be attending GCF this year :) I knew from the beginning that this time wouldnt work well for my schedule, but I hope to get a peak at whats poppin!

Im sure you will have fun with this one... lets hope you have a few left after the fact! :lol:

I think I prefer option #1. The swirls are a bit more prevalent in that one. They are somewhat hypnotic, like the figure on the other side, who kind of reminds me of the St Pauli Girl! In addition, when thinking of the swirl, it makes me think of George Costanza ending "The Move" with a counterclockwise swirl. LOL!

Thanx for the cointest! BEAUTIFUL coin, but alas I lack the funds to make any purchases of fun stuff at this time.

chooseicon.jpg

Can't make up my mind, so who better to ask than the helpful and fanatic geocoiners of the Geocoin Forum?

Please help me decide which icon to use for the YemonYime V3 Geocoin.

If you'd like to vote, please submit a "1" or a "2", with one vote per GC ID please.

I will award two very special versions of this coin to two lucky winners.

One at random, and the other based entirely on creative reasoning for your vote.

Savor the Citrus!

I will yime in with my vote: #2

Great design. Makes me want to make my own personal coin.

Just under one hour remaining in the cointest, so if you haven't already voted for which icon you like better, dooooo eeeeeet, maaaaaan!

Here are the choices one last time:

chooseicon.jpg

Oh, at the end of the cointest tonight, I'll post a teaser of what one winner will receive!

They won't be disappointed. :D

By a close vote count of 26 to 21,

I hereby declare that Icon #2 shall represent the YemonYime V3 Geocoin!

yyv3icon.jpg

The V3 icon will match and carry on the "yime" shaped theme of last year's V2 icon.

Any similarity to eyelashes or hairy nipples is completely coincidental. :D

But with due honor to those 21 beautiful souls who voted for Icon #1,

I'm taking Chris Mackey's sound advice, and using Icon #1 for the 16x16 pixel icon!

See how easy that was? Everybody wins! Well, some might win a little more than others.

In fact, here's that little teaser I promised of what one lucky voter will be receiving for their efforts:

youfrickintease.jpg

The winner will be announced sometime before Geocoinfest!

Thanks for your kind words, and for helping me decide on the icon.

Yinz are the best!

Yime

oh when will you announce? i leave for gcf tomorrow and others have already left. can you put the name of the winner at your booth? and show us what the lucky person won?

the anticipation is killing me ........:)

I'm gearing up to leave tomorrow too, so I've got a boat-load of things to finish first. I'll be sure to post it here by tomorrow morning, send a note to the winners, and also post it at the Yemonade Stand.

Seeya there!

oh when will you announce? i leave for gcf tomorrow and others have already left. can you put the name of the winner at your booth? and show us what the lucky person won?

the anticipation is killing me ........ :)

I'm gearing up to leave tomorrow too, so I've got a boat-load of things to finish first. I'll be sure to post it here by tomorrow morning, send a note to the winners, and also post it at the Yemonade Stand.

Seeya there!

We won't be there until Friday around 3pm. Darn sister wouldn't take the kids a day early. :)

By the awesome randomness of Random.org, I clicketh, and get...

rndmct.jpg

Post #108 ---> Vanelle!

Congratulations Vanelle!

And the winner of the "creative reasoning" category is...

Number one of course. As has been said, this coin is about the Sun Goddess who graces one side of the coin. She definitely is a Goddess and a mother earth person : -) What better way to iconograph this coin than to use the symbol in which the ancient female for the yoni. Number 1.

Congratulations Chickahominy!

Self-appointed assistant judge, Mrs. Yime, looked over my shoulder when I commented that her "likeness" was being referred to as a Sun Goddess. You scored major brownie points with the Mrs., but created a monster for the next few days. I'll have to look more into the "yoni" part, but I like it even if it's hooey!

I'm heading out to Salt Lake City today, but please do shoot me an email with mailing info. I'll be mailing out your prizes after GCF, unless I see you there of course!

Now, here comes the hard part. I must explain that these coins come with some baggage. Radioactive baggage to be exact. Let me state right here and now that I cannot be responsible for any sudden changes that happen to either of you after exposure to these coins. You'll have to agree to a written waiver before I send these out. Take a look at the last guy who handled one of these...

hgrys.jpg

That's right, The Gamma Ray Yime!!! Forged in a laboratory, and bombarded by Gamma Rays, these geocoins were an experiment in "pushing the creative envelope".

I think I pushed too hard.

Thanks to everyone for voting, and joining in. Your comments, as always, are much appreciated, and I sincerely hope that you continue to enjoy my designs.

See you at GCF!

Yime

rndmct.jpg

Post #108 ---> Vanelle!

Congratulations Vanelle!

Number one of course. As has been said, this coin is about the Sun Goddess who graces one side of the coin. She definitely is a Goddess and a mother earth person : -) What better way to iconograph this coin than to use the symbol in which the ancient female for the yoni. Number 1.

<snip>

Thanks to everyone for voting, and joining in. Your comments, as always, are much appreciated, and I sincerely hope that you continue to enjoy my designs.

See you at GCF!

Yime

Thanx for the cointest. Safe travels as you head to GCF!

I just have to ask...was I taken out of the running because of my avatar? And because your Penguins have to come to our barn to play the Flyers tonight?

LOL! Just kidding. That was a fun cointest, and I do like your designs. I hope to get one someday, but lack of funds precludes my participation in the ordering of coins or attending GCF. Hope you have fun, stay safe, and KEEP DESIGNING!

hgrys.jpg

That's right, The Gamma Ray Yime!!! Forged in a laboratory, and bombarded by Gamma Rays, these geocoins were an experiment in "pushing the creative envelope".

Yime

*gasp!!* Awesome coin, Yime!! Congratulations to the lucky ones who get one.

Have fun at GCF. I so wish I could be there but no joy on this front.

CF30

Oh... I didn't see this cointest! :P I lost the chance for a Yime! :P

Well with all the things I had to do these days.... :P

I like the icon it was chosen, icon 2 , because you can recognise easily that it is a Yime coin!

I mean.. the lemon shape must be in the icon for sure!!! :D

Congrats to the winners!!! :o

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!

I won!?!?!?

LOL! The Gamma Ray Yime... I love it! (as she searches for her dark glasses)

Thank you so very much Yime. I am honored and so excited to win your special coin. Thanks to Mrs. Yime, too! She IS a Sun Goddess and SHOULD be treated like one!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

rndmct.jpg

Post #108 ---> Vanelle!

Congratulations Vanelle!

Now, here comes the hard part. I must explain that these coins come with some baggage. Radioactive baggage to be exact. Let me state right here and now that I cannot be responsible for any sudden changes that happen to either of you after exposure to these coins. You'll have to agree to a written waiver before I send these out. Take a look at the last guy who handled one of these...

See you at GCF!

Yime

:P I am in shock! :P WOW! HOORAY! I've never won a cointest before. I'm going to be happy about this for a while. Thanks!

Now, for the radioactive baggage. If exposure means aquisition of superpowers, I'm in. What would those YIME powers be? (Ability to Quench Thirst? Vitamin C Based Liquid Ray? Supernatural Design Abilities?)

Thanks again. Hang on to mine, and I'll find you at GCF.

Edited by Vanelle

rndmct.jpg

Post #108 ---> Vanelle!

Congratulations Vanelle!

Self-appointed assistant judge, Mrs. Yime, looked over my shoulder when I commented that her "likeness" was being referred to as a Sun Goddess. You scored major brownie points with the Mrs., but created a monster for the next few days. I'll have to look more into the "yoni" part, but I like it even if it's hooey!

I'm heading out to Salt Lake City today, but please do shoot me an email with mailing info. I'll be mailing out your prizes after GCF, unless I see you there of course!

hgrys.jpg

I think I pushed too hard.

See you at GCF!

Yime

Sending my address in hopes that a Yime will come my way :D

Thank you so much for the cointest!

After a week of recovery and PayPal ridiculosity, it's time for me to officially say:

THANK YOU!!!

...to everyone here in this thread, and to everyone who stopped by the Yemonade Stand at GCF'09.

Your enthusiasm, humor and support help keep the creative juices pumping here in Yimerica! For those of you who stopped by, I sincerely appreciate your patronage...GCF was absolutely crazy when the doors opened! And for those of you who could not make it to GCF, I also am also very thankful for your kind words and for playing along with my off-the-wall antics here in the forums. You all make the details worth detailing!

Lots of memories made that weekend in Utah, so where to begin? A big shout-out to Cache-U-Nuts for pulling off a great event. The planning and execution were amazing, and everyone had a great time. Bravo! and thank you for all of your hard work. It was a great honor to meet some fellow designers and vendors. I got a chance to finally chat with folks from the Geocoinstore, CacheAddict, Hogwild Stuff, USAGeocoins, Oakcoins, Landsharkz, Zelanzy, and oh yeah...that Tsun chick! I apologize for not being able to spend more time speaking with others...like I said, it was crazy in our corner!

Not quite sure how I placed 5th in the Geocoin Poker Tourney, but I suppose even a blind squirrel can find a nut. Hadn't played at all since last year's event, so maybe I should actually practice, huh? Well, I'll certainly look forward to seeing GCF'10 develop, and I hope to be able to make it to Minnesota to do it all again. The Geocoinfest tradition is in good hands with the new committee!

So, in honor of my frequent "propaganda" here in the forums, and as a special спасибо (spasibo) to everyone who "red" through this thread...I'd like to offer up one very special coin to everyone via communis...uhm, cointest. It's a variant that I didn't make many of, (21 to be exact) and won't be distributing much. It's a little something I like to call: TH3 R3D YIM3

revoltus.jpg

For the cointest, let's open up a discussion that will be useful feedback for all potential coinmakers and designers. Let's hear what you (as collectors) are hoping to see in the future of geocoins. Is it time for a "revolution" in the hobby, or are we headed in the right direction? Is it time to get back to "old school" traditional thinking, or are we witnessing the inevitable evolution of geocoins into more than an instrument of geocaching? After three Mega-Events that celebrate these irresistible pieces of metal, is our "little hobby" finally growing up?

I'm doing this because I would really like to see where you think this is all heading. What's the future got in store for our metallic affections? What draws you most to any new geocoin being offered here, or anywhere in the market for that matter? What makes a design stand out in your mind enough to want to buy it? What type of geocoin has become less interesting, or redundant to you? Remember, this is an open discussion, so speak your mind freely. But please...there should be no offense given or taken here, because we're trying to all learn something useful. It's okay to be a little negative, but we ARE looking for positive answers to what keeps things interesting and lively to collectors.

Keep in mind, this doesn't need to relate to me, or "YemonYime" in any way whatsover. There's no brownie points awarded this time around. I'll be using the random generator again, but I honestly do wish to drum up some sincere thoughts on this topic. I'll try my best to weed out entries with no substance to the subject matter.

Thanks again for everything, now let's talk about...the FUTURE!!!

Yime

Thank you for your creative outpourings, Yime. Your coins are singularly unique and very artistic. I look up to you as one of the leaders in the coin community. Not brown nosing... just speaking the truth. If you ask for opinions on the future of coins, then I'll gladly give mine. It's a great topic!

I like personal coins. Personal coins always catch my eye and interest. I believe that personals ARE related to geocaching.

There has been talk on the threads about coins not being related closely enough to geocaching. Lately, I have come to think the same. I know to each his own. Each coin must appeal to someone, or else they would not have been minted in the first place. Still, these are the coins I like:

Seasonal coins, yes,

Event coins, YES!

Series coins... yes.

Nature themed...yes.