£100 Best GPS ?

Monkeypearl

Ok Guys & Gals..Simple what would you very nice folks recommend as a good GPS for around the £100...

Been looking at the Garmin eTrex Venture HC

Can you get UK maps for this model, I'm a little new to all this but learning fast ...lol

Any help as ever most appreciated ...

Pete...

I have a Vista Hcx which is very good. If you want maps then a colour screen is better to see the icons on.

A colour legend is also good at just over £100. http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/705/g...trex-legend-hcx

There are lots about for just over £100 but below that you are looking at the Etrex H which is very good but can be limiting after a while.

I am sure everyone will have their favorites but I think any of the H etrex series are very good and if you can afford the colour screen it will be better in the long run.

There is lots of information already on the forums giving advice.

This has been discussed in depth in this thread so might be worth having a read through the recommendations here too :-

Linky

Personally I'd hold off until you can afford to spend a little more and go for a model that can take maps and also allows you to go paperless.

Edited by *mouse*