Oregon 400t and Attributes

Xantos10

It's not in the Pocket Query (GPX) file layout so there's no way to show it on any GPS.

Unless you're planning to visit every cache page and manually enter it into a note (e.g. using GSAK) to be included with the logs on a GPS which allows paperless geocaching (in this case, an Oregon). I don't think anyone needs/wants that information badly enough to do all that...right?

So there is no way to see the Attribute information in the Oregon?

Firstly, you need to go onto the Website forum and request that Groundspeak add the attribute information to the GPX files. If, hell freezes over and you do convince them to change this, then you need to convince Garmin to re-write the software for the Oregons to include the new information. :D

I think I have found the answer to my own question. After Searching the GSAK Forum, I found a Macro for GSAK called "MarkAttributes" That automates the process of adding attributes to GSAK. The only thing is that you need GSAK Version 7.5.1 or higher. You can find it at the link below:

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=...amp;#entry82203

All that the macro does is allow you to manually add attribute information. It is not getting any information from Groundspeak.

It is of no use anyway as the GPS won't use the data. They are designed to only use data that Groundspeak includes in the GPX files.

I think I have found the answer to my own question. After Searching the GSAK Forum, I found a Macro for GSAK called "MarkAttributes" That automates the process of adding attributes to GSAK. The only thing is that you need GSAK Version 7.5.1 or higher. You can find it at the link below:

Good luck with that. IMO, it doesn't automate anything. Unless you create a PQ which is based on one, and only one, attribute...that macro will do nothing for you.

I don't think that macro does what you want it to do. And you still have the problem of getting the Oregon to display anything useful.

It is of no use anyway as the GPS won't use the data. They are designed to only use data that Groundspeak includes in the GPX files.

That's not exactly correct. That data could easily be included in the 1st log when you export to a Colorado/Oregon if you use the appropriate macro. I include the County, Placed Date and Last Found date...sometimes a little extra info can be helpful.