COINTEST: Chickahominy's Cointest - See post #81

Chickahominy

You can easily put most chickens into a trance. If you try this, let me know how it works.

pet the chicken to calm it, then lightly restrain it and gently lower its head down to the ground, holding its beak on a coin or a rock that contrasts with the surrounding ground; hold the chicken's head in place for about 30 seconds, then slowly remove your hand. Once hypnotized, the chicken will typically remain physically frozen until it is touched or startled.

Fascinating. Has anyone else ever done this?

I tried it once, but it ended up hypnotizing me instead, and when I came to the chicken had tied my shoelaces together, and I ended up sprawled on the ground lying in chicken poop.

I leaned my lesson that day - don't play mindgames with a chicken, they just might get the upper hand on you.

yeah tell me about it. chickens lead us to believe they cannot fly, but when i was a tiny girly, my dad kept chickens in the back yard. those chickens used to scare the bejeezuz outa me. the twice i was sent out to collect the eggs (only twice because of this) those chickens gang up on me and intimidated me so much i ran screaming back to the house, meanwhile those same flightless birds have managed to get over the 4 metre high fence dividing our property from the other 3 properties. trying to capture 18 crazy skittish birds that are everywhere they shouldnt be is not much fun for my parents and oldest sister. after that second chicken ambush on a defenceless 5 year old, i wasnt allowed to collect eggs anymore.

I tried it once, but it ended up hypnotizing me instead, and when I came to the chicken had tied my shoelaces together, and I ended up sprawled on the ground lying in chicken poop.

I leaned my lesson that day - don't play mindgames with a chicken, they just might get the upper hand on you.

yeah tell me about it. chickens lead us to believe they cannot fly, but when i was a tiny girly, my dad kept chickens in the back yard. those chickens used to scare the bejeezuz outa me. the twice i was sent out to collect the eggs (only twice because of this) those chickens gang up on me and intimidated me so much i ran screaming back to the house, meanwhile those same flightless birds have managed to get over the 4 metre high fence dividing our property from the other 3 properties. trying to capture 18 crazy skittish birds that are everywhere they shouldnt be is not much fun for my parents and oldest sister. after that second chicken ambush on a defenceless 5 year old, i wasnt allowed to collect eggs anymore.

Oh my gosh! That was a terrible thing to happen to a child!

LOL!

Might be reconsidering this whole chicken thing! :D

You can easily put most chickens into a trance. If you try this, let me know how it works.

pet the chicken to calm it, then lightly restrain it and gently lower its head down to the ground, holding its beak on a coin or a rock that contrasts with the surrounding ground; hold the chicken's head in place for about 30 seconds, then slowly remove your hand. Once hypnotized, the chicken will typically remain physically frozen until it is touched or startled.

This must be a bird thing.. I took a bunch of 6 graders out to a migratory bird banding event and the field researchers were able to something similar to every one of the birds. They were mostly song birds and they would restrain the bird in a "banding hold" on its back head down etc. They would then put the bird in my students hands where it stayed frozen until eventually the kid moved a little. The bird would then quickly right itself and fly away. It was pretty neat for the students.

I just came back home! we went all for a pic nic and for geocaching! :)

I found one cache that was in the area we went... it was the cache I had the adventure a week or so, ago! :huh:

Oh! The cointest is over! I didn't had time for my last post....

Well... I will post it anyway, just to say a thank you for the cointest! B)

1) The largest chicken egg ever laid weighed a pound and had a double yolk and shell.

2) A chicken once had its head cut off and survived for over eighteen months, headless!!!!

And a funny thing..... a true story!

Roosters may like you but sometimes they do not and .....

some years ago, I went to Kos island for vacations and stayed in my best friends house! His aunt had chickens! they were free in the yard which was in front of the house we were living!

We had great time, but I couldn't sleep!!! the chicken boss, a white rooster probably didn't like me!!! He was coming under my window every hour at night and he was yelling!!!!!! When I was awake and started speaking "french", I was hearing him running (he made noice in the floor tiles) away but after some time he was returning!!!! I can not get it!!! How he knew when I was about to close my eyes..... he was yelling again!!!!!

Of course, in the mornings I was in bad shape and I talk about it with my friend! I was mad with the rooster ! He was laughing with the whole thing but I was not joking!!! I thought roosters were sleeping and only when the morning was about to come they were yelling... What was wrong with him???? what he was taking?????

One night I was there, he heard me speaking french duting night and heard the rooster! He thought all these days that I was over reacting but...

Since the house was quite big, I changed bed room! I was now near the bedroom he and his wife were sleeping... The rooster came that night under the window of the new bedroom!!!!!!!!! I was furious but now my friend was furious too!!! He couldn't sleep too!!!! Oh boy!!!! He was laughing with what happent to me, but he was mad with the rooster too!!!

I went back to the first bedroom so at least my friend and his wife could sleep! what I was doing all these days?? I was sleeping when we were going to the beach!!!! No roosters there!!!! :o

Have you ever seen videos of people releasing doves at a ceremony - throwing it into the air only to have it come crashing back down? It's pretty painful to watch.

CHICKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,

>>>>>>>SQUEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL<<<<<<<<<

Just Got my Roosters in the Mail.

Wicked Beautiful Coins. The Copper just Rocks and the Gold and Silver are equally as awesome!!!!!

WELL DONE GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

SOoooooooooooo PRETTTYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Me Likey.

Thanks Opal... I think you are the first to report back on the coins. I've been sweating! LOL! Thank you for the kind compliments...

CHICKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,

>>>>>>>SQUEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL<<<<<<<<<

Just Got my Roosters in the Mail.

Wicked Beautiful Coins. The Copper just Rocks and the Gold and Silver are equally as awesome!!!!!

WELL DONE GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

SOoooooooooooo PRETTTYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Me Likey.