COINTEST: Chickahominy's Cointest - See post #81

Chickahominy

Sarah sent me the mint photos of my samples today. :D

Note: These are "samples." I already see some changes to be made :)

rooster.jpg

roosterback.jpg

Wow! Those are stunning! I love both of them, but I think the detail shows up better on the silver finish.

BTW, samples or not, you may want to touch up the photos to hide the tracking numbers.

My samples from the mint came in! Yayyy! I must say these coins are a lot prettier in person. My goal was to design a rooster that was still yet a little feminine. A coin that would be worthy of a Southern Belle. I think I did it! :) I will make a few changes and the minting will begin. Oh, Sara said the mint will be closed for a week or two for holiday?? They must be exhausted after the rush to get GCF coins out! LOL! I will take pics later today. My husband took my camera to a gig with him. ;)

I'm excited!

PS.. I'm sending one of these along with the Halloween Mission, too. :o

My samples from the mint came in! Yayyy! I must say these coins are a lot prettier in person. My goal was to design a rooster that was still yet a little feminine. A coin that would be worthy of a Southern Belle. I think I did it! :) I will make a few changes and the minting will begin. Oh, Sara said the mint will be closed for a week or two for holiday?? They must be exhausted after the rush to get GCF coins out! LOL! I will take pics later today. My husband took my camera to a gig with him. ;)

I'm excited!

PS.. I'm sending one of these along with the Halloween Mission, too. :o

Haha, you'll need to get him his OWN camera for Christmas!!

I made a few changes to the coins and they are now in production. 100 being made.

Any suggestions on how to handle the circulation of my coins?

Do you keep track of where your personals are?

Trade only?

Trade some and sell some?

There are a few people who I owe coins to. For example, Dr. Neal pre-traded me a beautiful Kathy's coin. I will be contacting him. Once I get my paybacks out of the way, I would like to share with others.

Thanks! :D

I only will trade the Kathy's Coin (although a gave some away too,) but I wasn't really worried about trying to recoup(sp) any of the cost. I'm sure you'll have no trouble trading or selling or selling/trading these beautiful coins. Congratulations on a winner!

ILYK

Any suggestions on how to handle the circulation of my coins?

Do you keep track of where your personals are?

Trade only?

Trade some and sell some?

First off, very nice personal Chickahominy...it is a wonderful representation!

As far as your questions go...it's entirely up to you. You can sell some if you want to recoup some of your costs or you can trade them all away. I think for my next one, I might have one finish that can be bought to help fund the project and then another finish that will be trade-only. I didn't keep track of where all my coins went...never thought to do that.

Looking forward to trading with you at some point!

Best of luck,

ELTADA

Introducing the arrival of my personal coin!

This coin took a long time to produce and is my first effort at coin producing.

The rooster goes hand in hand with my Geo Nickname, Chickahominy. The Chickahominy is a river in Virginia near Williamsburg, named after a local Indian tribe, the Chickahominy. Chickahominy means people of the burnt corn. I have spent a good bit of time in Williamsburg and had the childhood nickname of Pocahontas. My daughter and geocaching buddy, Laura (PV=nRT) went to college at William and Mary. The two of us went on a dream trip of mine to see Tasha Tudor in Vermont. Guess what? She had an indoor rooster named Chickahominy! With that, the name came full circle. I love roosters, don't you?

Gold 30 made Trading for personals only.

Copper 35 made This one is really my favorite. :rolleyes:

Silver 35 made

Trackable at Geocaching.com with its own icon; a gold rooster inside a red circle. The coin is 3D and is 3.5mm thick. Each coin has 4 red gemstones. (Yes four, not 5. The flower arranger in me did that ;) )

roostersfront.jpg

roosterback-1.jpg

I will be contacting those people who pre-traded me and who I "owe" a coin to. If you have a personal and are interested in trading, please email me. Once I get these shipped, I will offer some of the coins for sale. Hopefully by next week. Thanks for your interest!

Chickahominy's Cointest

It has rained here all day. We are shut in! I imagine those of you higher up on the East Coast will be experiencing this same weather in the next few days. While we are all sipping coffee, tea and hot chocolate, let's have a cointest!

FOR: One of my gold roosters. This is the version reserved for trading for other personals.

THE OBJECTIVE: My husband and I live in the country and hope to get some chickens soon. We want them to eat the bugs in the yard and lay eggs. Wonderful big brown eggs for baking homemade pound cakes and omelettes! Y'all can help by posting facts about raising chickens. : -) Short posts, I have a short attention span :) and won't read a long long post. :D

THE RULES: One post per person per 24 hours. :)

DURATION: This cointest will be over on Sunday morning at 7AM EST. :)

WINNER: Will be chosen by a random number generator. ( I will have to learn how to do this! :(

Okay? Thanks everyone.. and have fun! Cluck::: cluck::: cluck::

My father brought home a cardboard box full of chicks one day and my mom almost had a heart attack! We raised chickens for awhile -- it was great fun (until we did the slaughter part - :)

Anyway, Chickahominy wanted brief...so here is my fact...

To encourage hens to lay eggs, you can put a plastic egg (or golf ball) in their nest.