Isn't geocaching supposed to be fun?

The Willis Family

It seems to there are a lot of people in the Sioux Falls area that geocache.

A select few of those people most with over 2000 finds seem to think that they are better than most, and are trying to take the fun out of it. I could post names but I won't just read logs about the caches and it is pretty easy to figure out who the High and Mighty geocachers are.

To those just starting out don't let these select few ruin your experience.

The forums have nothing to do with my actual GC'ing experience so what anyone else here might think or say about how I go about it, my number of finds, etc. never really enters in the equation for me. Nor should it, in my opinion, for anyone else.

Get out and get on with your caching!

A select few of those people most with over 2000 finds seem to think that they are better than most, and are trying to take the fun out of it. I could post names but I won't just read logs about the caches and it is pretty easy to figure out who the High and Mighty geocachers are.

Don't worry about it. Your locals know who's a gurk and who isn't regardless of the find count. Best thing to do is to focus on finding caches and ignoring the game.

Don't worry about it. Your locals know who's a gurk and who isn't regardless of the find count. Best thing to do is to focus on finding caches and ignoring the game.

Every big town has that problems-I just quit doing dorky people caches and other people followed suit and we have moved on with caching.

This granny can still be fooled by easy caches and sometimes I can find a hard cache that others have trouble with.

My best bet is to have good people to cache with-so its fun even when I get the DNF aka frowny face!

Good luck or come up to Moorhead, MN on I 29 and do my caches-most are family friendly.

don't sweat it. we have experienced the same thing in wichita and i have to tell you i would rather

geocache by myself then with some of the other people who I have geocached with. This is one of the

bset things I have dove into so far, keep going, keep searching, keep finding and forget all the others!

Blow it off and enjoy caching. If they are so worried about numbers and FTF's let them have em. For me and those I cache with the find is just a means to get to a location I probably would never see otherwise, or simply just a chance to outdoors with the spawn. If they want to look down on my measley 300 finds, I can honestly say I enjoyed each one more than the 77 they found in one night.

As with anything it takes all kinds and they come in all forms.

I do not have all that great of numbers nor do I care.

It is where I have been and the great people I have met along the trails.

From Ocean to Ocean we have found these hidden treasures.

Following in the Footsteps of Lewis and Clark,Tracing the Ancients along their trails.

The awesome times geocaching with friends.

It reminds me of High School and those that were snoots...they stick their noses up at others....no matter what they always think they are better than you.

I am a cacher from the Sioux Falls area and I have over 2000 finds I am really curious on how you think people are ruining the game for you. I know all of the people in his area that have over 2000 finds and all of them are nice people. I don't know why we would be ruining it for anyone. Sioux Falls is known for having some extra difficult caches.

I hope that you don't think I am one of those people. I try and have a wide range of caches from easy to difficult. I would be interested in hearing more.

StaticTank

KD0IIV

I think there is more to this story but the cachers I have contacted in SF seemed to be friendly and helpful when I had questions for them

Mrs.kwvers! and I are still having a blast...We are still surprised when we find a cache...Happy to be able to climb a hill..wonder if there really is a cache under the LPC and even have to look there a few times to actually spot it...We like logging our finds and actually remembering our journey. We have often almost crawled from our Jeep into the house because we were so sore after the days adventure..Have had Poison Ivy and Poison oak, broke a bone got stitches,ripped some good clothing,had blisters and scratches,stuck by cactus,stung by bees..have had more flat tires than ever expected..driven down roads that we never knew existed, talked to many policemen and business owners..been honked at. laughed at,questioned and admired. It's a crazy game,sport,adventure,obsession,hobby,excuse to walk or just get away...When we are gone..others will "pass us up"..no worries here....Just making new friends,learning to forgive when wronged..even learning how to spell a word correctly now and then. Happy New Year and we hope to meet more of you cachers out there in the future!