FTF - What is the longest time?

abject

2614 days and counting for this one, placed in July 2002. Take a rope.

Haha, think those chocolates in the cache are still any good?

In the Australia one above that, only ONE person has logged any thing for it and it was a note, they didn't even get close to it. Maybe that terrain should be upped to 5 star. Heh.

Looks like the area stays frozen all year... Chocolate can last years if it's kept frozen. There is a chance it's still good.

This cache was placed in 2001 and first found in March this year though it may not have actually existed for a while:

Oh So Blue

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt=

Here's the oldest unfound cache that I know about:

Geocache - GCD30 (Placed June 2001)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...09-c475f4e2e02e

Bummer! It beats 4.5 Lb. Walleye by two days. I'm betting the highest number of never found caches is in remote and/or arctic regions of Canada. I believe there are over 10 in Ontario alone. There used to be an "unfound Ontario" bookmark list, but it's obviously been deleted, or else it would be on that page. And by the way, shouldn't that be 2.04 Kg. Walleye, eh?

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

This cache was placed in 2001 and first found in March this year though it may not have actually existed for a while:

Oh So Blue

Bummer! It beats 4.5 Lb. Walleye by two days. I'm betting the highest number of never found caches is in remote and/or arctic regions of Canada.

Take a look at a few countries in Africa. In the Congo, for example, there are three caches in the entire country. None of them have ever been found.

Me and a buddy (Abject and Spectre6989) accomplished a FTF 2 years; 3 Months and 5 days after the published date for "Look for Monkeys" in Japan :blink: . What is the record?

Sounds like you may be the record holder so far. Everyone else has posted responses about caches that have not been found yet.

So, Congrats on your FTF for a Cache older than 2yrs.

Man, that Oz one would be eaten alive here. Only 10km from a road, and that terrain does not look that tough. Compairing that to caches on the top of some of the rockey mountains up here, people drive for 3+ hours, then do a 12km hike with 1500m of elevation. Not everyone, but there is a reasonable sized group of cachers that will do that stuff every weekend of the summer.

That one in Bolivia is in in the middle of the city, and only a 2.5 difficulty and no DNFs. Are there any cachers in Boivia? Maybe GPS has a 'hole' in Boliva :D

That one in Balize, man what an adventure!!!

LuckyT, EskoClimber and myself found a 5/5 in the Black Hills that was 2,693 days old. Placed 5/13/2002 - Found 9/26/2009. I believe it is the oldest (Placed date to Found date) 5/5 found to date. Please note the other finder signed the log before it was placed, she was with the cache owner.

"Buzzard Drop Cache" GC57F9

Please post others and correct, if I am wrong. Also please tell me if this is the appropriate place to post. I am new to this.......

Edited by Clubmud1

Oh So Blue

Bummer! It beats 4.5 Lb. Walleye by two days. I'm betting the highest number of never found caches is in remote and/or arctic regions of Canada.

Take a look at a few countries in Africa. In the Congo, for example, there are three caches in the entire country. None of them have ever been found.

Maybe because in the Congo finding the cache has about the same odds as getting shot. I would feel safer looking for a cache in Iraq than the Congo. It is just such a violent place. It is so sad, if it was not for the fighting and political elements of the country it looks like it would be a beautiful place to see.

Oh So Blue

Maybe because in the Congo finding the cache has about the same odds as getting shot. I would feel safer looking for a cache in Iraq than the Congo. It is just such a violent place. It is so sad, if it was not for the fighting and political elements of the country it looks like it would be a beautiful place to see.

The odd thing I see about some of these caches that are listed is that although they are remote they don't seem all that remote. Then again I never went for them so maybe I have no idea.

:( Thank you for all theresponds on this. The post from SD, BalckHIlls is what I was wanting to see more than anything, but I now have a few spots I may try (Like Bolivia!). Crazy thing is the cache found in the Blackhills (Over 6 years in waitng!) is where I call home! just east of Strugis off exit 47!!! weird

A cache in Oz is still unfound GCG3HJ it was placed April 2003.

But I am shore there are more.

Hi Jabs,

This cache, mine, was found last week.

It lasted 2380 days unfound...

I had been waiting for the confirmation email for 6 and a half years.

I'm glad it has now been found though.

Cheers

Alan

Man, that Oz one would be eaten alive here. Only 10km from a road, and that terrain does not look that tough. Compairing that to caches on the top of some of the rockey mountains up here, people drive for 3+ hours, then do a 12km hike with 1500m of elevation. Not everyone, but there is a reasonable sized group of cachers that will do that stuff every weekend of the summer.

That one in Bolivia is in in the middle of the city, and only a 2.5 difficulty and no DNFs. Are there any cachers in Boivia? Maybe GPS has a 'hole' in Boliva :(

That one in Balize, man what an adventure!!!

Hi there,

The thing is that the roads themselves in the area of the Oz cache are very, very remote. Just to get to the spot where you would leave the track could take days to get there after much preparation.

Here is a vid I made up for the cache:

And another extended version with some other bits of the journey: http://vimeo.com/6868088

Regards

Alan

We got the FTF on GCK9N9 earlier this year. 1668 days, or 4 yrs, 6 months and 28 days after it was hidden. Thought that was pretty good until I read the posts about some of the others.....

And here I thought someone was bumping this old thread to be funny with the Rougue Reviewer thread in play. :)

But it turns out this is a great bump. That is absolutely awesome! Congratulations. :)

Now seeing as you're Canadian, could you go after 4.5 Lb. Walleye??? Over 8 years and no FTF. Despite all the notes posted, I dont think Connie is ever really going to get there. :santa:

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

We got the FTF on GCK9N9 earlier this year. 1668 days, or 4 yrs, 6 months and 28 days after it was hidden. Thought that was pretty good until I read the posts about some of the others.....

And here I thought someone was bumping this old thread to be funny with the Rougue Reviewer thread in play. :laughing:

But it turns out this is a great bump. That is absolutely awesome! Congratulations. :laughing:

Now seeing as you're Canadian, could you go after 4.5 Lb. Walleye??? Over 8 years and no FTF. Despite all the notes posted, I dont think Connie is ever really going to get there. :lol:

No problem, I'll try and get out there this afternoon, it's only 2795.6km from my home coordinates.... :P