Battery recommendations

jb12string

Anyone have any recommendations on NiMH batteries? My wife has some Kodaks that are currently shot, I was looking at getting a LaCrosse BC-9009 and some of the Sanyo eneloop batteries. The eneloops are supposed to hold a charge almost (but not quite) like an alkaline and the BC-9009 is supposed to be able to revive worn out NiMH batteries. What does everyone else use?

I have both the Eneloops and some Kodak hybrids, I don't think you can go wrong with either, although the Eneloops are supposed to hold a charge longer according to their specs. I have heard the BC-9009 is supposed to be a good charger but I can't really comment on it because I don't own one. I have mostly Maha chargers, and I think my Maha MH-C9000 has pretty much the same functions as the BC-9009.

I use eneloops, plus some higher cap ones. Sanyo 2700's are what I have the most of. I keep the eneloops as spares, since they hold well, and I try to remember to put my 2700's in the charger the night before I need them, so they are all topped off.

I have 2 chargers, since I use the batteries in everything, my cameras, gps, headlamps, radio.

I love the low-discharge NiMHs! I have Eneloops as well as similar batteries from Rayovac, Duracell, and Hybrio. I get similar results with all of them.

When the weather is cold I carry along a pair of alkalines since NiMHs don't do well when it is really cold (sorry, I don't know the recommended operating temperature of the battery).

I love the low-discharge NiMHs! I have Eneloops as well as similar batteries from Rayovac, Duracell, and Hybrio. I get similar results with all of them.

When the weather is cold I carry along a pair of alkalines since NiMHs don't do well when it is really cold (sorry, I don't know the recommended operating temperature of the battery).

I think that's a good choice for a charger. I use mine constantly. As for batteries, I have Eneloops as backups, but use Duracell 2650MAh NiMh as my main power source. I find that my 550t gets about double the battery life as my Colorado 400t.

I think that's a good choice for a charger. I use mine constantly. As for batteries, I have Eneloops as backups, but use Duracell 2650MAh NiMh as my main power source. I find that my 550t gets about double the battery life as my Colorado 400t.

Uhhh. Which charger? You didn't quote correctly.

Edited by guggie