Quick Editing

the_bell_dingers

Lots of buttons and features are poorly labeled in the forums. I just clicked a button labeled "Add reply" to reply to a thread, and then to submit the reply I need to click a different button labeled... "Add reply". Which suggests that the 2nd button will do the same thing the first button did: show a text field so I can compose a reply.

And don't get me started on the use of the non-word "Goto" in the interface.

But I don't know whether Groundspeak can change this text. This is an off-the-shelf bulletin board system.

Once you have it figured out it is no longer a problem.

The Groundspeak Forums use the Invision Power Board forum software -- at least until a planned migration to the Community Server platform.

I would not expect developer time to be devoted to tweaks in the "out of the box" software.

You may, however, wish to post your suggestion in the vendor's forums.

Any idea what the rough time frame might be?

After several million posts in this forum, I would be surprised if this turned out to be a major issue causing serious customer dissatisfaction and loss of revenue for Groundspeak.

However, if we're looking for synonyms for "Complete", I'd suggest "Terminate". For some reason, that word popped into my mind while reading the OP. I have no idea why.

After several million posts in this forum, I would be surprised if this turned out to be a major issue causing serious customer dissatisfaction and loss of revenue for Groundspeak.

However, if we're looking for synonyms for "Complete", I'd suggest "Terminate". For some reason, that word popped into my mind while reading the OP. I have no idea why.

see, this is why i don't drink beverages while reading the forums.