.GPX files onto micro sd card on 60csx?

snatiep

Hi there!

If you used the POI loader to place a .gpx file on your 60, it's on the SD card, however, in a different format than .gpx. Garmin's POI loader converts gpx files to a proprietary format of .gpi. If you put your 60 into disc mode and open the directory, you'll see a folder named poi. In that folder you'll see a file named poi.gpi. That's the file that the poi loader created. It contains all the same info as the source .gpx file.

Hope this helps

All the best.

Z

No worries my friend. I don't post that often, but when I see someone ask a question regarding the same unit I've got, I'll respond as best I can. I'm getting more familiar with my 60 and it's cool to pass on the tips, tricks, and info I've collected from searching around and lurking on the forums. Some may consider the 60 "old tech" I consider it awesome!

Have a good one.

Z

No worries my friend. I don't post that often, but when I see someone ask a question regarding the same unit I've got, I'll respond as best I can. I'm getting more familiar with my 60 and it's cool to pass on the tips, tricks, and info I've collected from searching around and lurking on the forums. Some may consider the 60 "old tech" I consider it awesome!

Have a good one.

Z

:blink: ....Z.... I also have a 60CSX, and if you have learned and tips/tricks for setting this thing up and are willing to share, please e-mail me. I will be greatly thankful :D

I'm always willing to help out where I can. I'm certainly no expert on the subject, but I've had my 60 for a little over a year now and have become quite familiar with it. Is there anything specific you're trying to accomplish? I'll help out where i can.

http://www.gpsfaqs.org/faqs/garmin/xseries/g60csx/

The link above goes to a sort of 60csx faq's page. I gained alot of info from it when I was first starting out. If you've seen it already, my apologies. Feel free to post back with some specific questions and i'll be happy to help any way I can. If i can't, there are some other 60 users around that know waay more than I do. Hopefully your quest for info doesn't end fruitless.

All the best.