Adding individual caches to an Oregon

When I had my old Legend I found it really easy to download individual waypoints from GSAK. With the Oregon you can't do that, but have to download a gpx file instead. That's all very well but if I come across a few caches I want to do in a different area and don't want to bother doing a PQ I am a bit stuck! I've tried downloading the gpx file from the cache page but can only open it in GSAK. I would prefer to download it to my desktop for a quick transfer but can't manage to do that. I'm using Vista.

Can anyone help? reading this again it sounds really muddled but I hope someone understands what I am trying to do!

It's still easy.

Just as long as your Oregon is listed a one of your devices use the "send to gps " button, link your gps up to the PC, click the button and it should send all you need right away,

I do it that way a lot for new caches or ones that catch my eye.

Had it a while but seem to recall I needed to install something from the garmin site in order to do this, believe it was called "communicator"... worth doing though as life is simple there after

Edited by fat boy slow

I use an Oregon 300 and download the waypoint direct to the GPS, by clicking on the "GPX eXchange File button" and then navigating to the Oregon as the place to save. This is the sequence of buttons that I click on on the screen, to get the correct directory:

Save

Garmin Oregon

Garmin

GPX

Save

I have down loaded the Garmin Communicator File to the computer.

Edited by The Haywood Hornet

:blink::D:) YES!! :D:)B)

I didn't know about Garmin Communicator but it has made all the difference!

I used send to gps straight from the cache page and hey presto, it's there.

I can't use gpx exchange as whatever I download when I click on the exe file it will only open in GSAK.

This has made such a difference. I had even started printing out cache pages again for one off caches.

Thank you, lovely people. :D