Does anyone have a usb cable for the Garmin e-trex?

I reckon that considering Sham69 has found 1300+ caches with his plain old yellow Etrex without managing to download via the cable he deserves a round of applause for manually entering all that info and not the sarcy comments.

We have found almost 1,600 each one punched into my little "yellow" number by number, and does my thumbs know it B)

I would like to try a cable though :D

Where do you buy them from for the Etrex H? and is there anywhere I will find step by step destructions how to make it work....from plugging it both ends to unplugging it with caches on

Sheesh how technical was that ;)

Mandy B)

I reckon that considering Sham69 has found 1300+ caches with his plain old yellow Etrex without managing to download via the cable he deserves a round of applause for manually entering all that info and not the sarcy comments.

It bugs me to enter multi-stage or bonus co-ords by hand -and thats usually only a couple of numbers changed after 'mark' - the guy should get a couple of extra smilies for entering 1,300 co-ords by hand!

B);)B)

ps. And Mandy!

:D:D:D

Edited by Bear and Ragged

It bugs me to enter multi-stage or bonus co-ords by hand -and thats usually only a couple of numbers changed after 'mark' - the guy should get a couple of extra smilies for entering 1,300 co-ords by hand!

ps. And Mandy!

I have been caching for 5 years in January have almost 1,600 finds (when I log some) I have had 2 basic yellows now I have a yellow H, upgrading or what B)

I went paperless maybe 3 or 4 years back, just a little Palm from Curry's, but that was no biggie either as I used to like reading the printouts as we were driving to caches, saying ..Oh this happened here, or the castle was built in blah de blah ect, I know you can read the info from the Palm but it is not the same...I can manage to do a PQ (most of the time :D )......but I can't get it onto the Palm :D

I bought one of those naffy 99p connector leads from Fleabay, and then the proper wire from my electrical shop, when I plugged them in it did not say "new hardware found" so I threw them in the back of the drawer where they are now :D There is nobody with the patience of a saint them some, to make me technical :D

I tried to do some of those pretty stats things on my profile and I could not get those to work either, beleive me you get no more techno numpty than me B)

I read things on a few forums and they go whoooooooooosh straight over my head... ;)

But at the end of the day none of this stops me from going out and finding caches and enjoying caching and having all the good friends I have made through caching.

My little yellow H a printout and my thumbs what more do you need?

I am just trying to prove you don't have to me a techno whiz, to enjoy our mad game, I certainly am not and I do :P

Mandy :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

I have one of the USB type connections for my basic yellow etrex but when I used it to update via the webupdater my Garmin now says "SW Missing"? - has anyone else come across this problem.

Webupdater says the unit is found then downloads the data then says there is a problem with my unit, Host mode, turned on etc... the Garmin says loading but stays that way all night.

Any help would be great, I have tried the reset but dosn't respond.

:)

Reply for Mandy - to get your PQs onto to your palm get hold of GEONICHE and EASYNICHE. Geonich turns your palm into a GPSr and Easyniche converts PQs to palm databases, then just hotsynch as normal. We've been using it for about 3 years on our Palm Tungsten.

http://www.raydarllc.com/geoniche

I did not say "we" could not get the PQs onto my Palm I said "I" could not get them on :mad: .........I think he uses Cachemate or summats

Oh that looks canny though, might have a play with the GEONICHE one

Ta Muchly

B)

Edited by Us 4 and Jess