'Flotsam & Jetsam EXTREME' geocahe to be archived

FollowMeChaps

Please forgive the cheek in posting here but following discussions at this year's mega I understand that there are a few folk still hoping to attempt the Flotsam & Jetsam EXTREME geocacge so I thought that they would appreciate a heads-up that it is soon to be archived. The cache is in the Bristol Channel south of Clevedon.

The listing is currently marked as 'temporariy unavailable' since the tide destroyed the clue at Stage 4. However, it can still be completed if you email me before your trip. I will give you the clue plus a further task to ensore that you have visited the site. This will enable you to do the whole cache and log the trip.

As we are currently in the period of the autumnal equinox the Spring tides around this time provide a god oportunity to do this cache. Please, however, heed all safety warnings on this cache.

Please forgive the cheek in posting here but following discussions at this year's mega I understand that there are a few folk still hoping to attempt the Flotsam & Jetsam EXTREME geocacge so I thought that they would appreciate a heads-up that it is soon to be archived. The cache is in the Bristol Channel south of Clevedon.

The listing is currently marked as 'temporariy unavailable' since the tide destroyed the clue at Stage 4. However, it can still be completed if you email me before your trip. I will give you the clue plus a further task to ensore that you have visited the site. This will enable you to do the whole cache and log the trip.

As we are currently in the period of the autumnal equinox the Spring tides around this time provide a good opportunity to do this cache. Please, however, heed all safety warnings on this cache.

FMC - I was only looking at the tide times a couple of days ago, thinking that next weekend would be a perfect time to have a walk in the mud again! *mouse* and I had so much fun when we did this cache about this time last year, that we both said we would do it again. Maybe it is time for another muddy walk !

As this has been such a popular cache and it's on many cachers' Watchlists (including ours) I was wondering whether Follow Me Chaps would considering offering it up for adoption?

It's certainly one I'd thought of having a go at (sometime!) but, being rather short, I was a bit concerned about getting too deeply stuck in the mud :blink: .

I'll miss reading the great logs for this one if it's archived.

MrsB

This is a fab cache and one of my favourite finds to date. Well worth doing if you like a good physical challenge! Don't underestimate the mud though, it can get deep in places and the river you need to traverse is fast flowing so you will need to take care :laughing:

I'm away camping on the 20th, otherwise I might have been tempted to come along (to point and laugh from the shore in clean dry clothes :laughing::laughing: )

.........I was wondering whether Follow Me Chaps would considering offering it up for adoption?.......

More than happy to Mrs B. How do I do that?

Short cachers need have no worries - I have a pair of stilts I'm prepared to loan out. :laughing:

Well...

You can start by making an official declaration here, on this forum, along the lines of "I'd be very happy to adopt Flotsam & Jetsam over to another local cacher". (Just make sure you sign the bottom of your post in blood, to make it official :laughing: )

Then, to catch all those folks who never come into this forum, you could also put a note to that effect on the cache page itself.

If someone says "yes, I'll take it on" then you send them the official adoption papers here: http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/

You never know, there might be some other nutter who'd be able to keep this one going for all the other nutters. :laughing:

MrsB

OK... I've been "persuaded" that there's nothing I'd like to do better on a Sunday afternoon than squelch around in knee-deep mud for a couple of hours. :D

On the positive side, there'll be good company and I'm sure the skin on my knees and lower legs will be as "soft as a baby's bottom" by the end of the afternoon. :D

Maybe I'll leave getting my hair done 'til next week. :D

MrsB