TB Electrician Traveller lost. What should i do now?

linus84

I released my TB Electrician Traveller 21 Jan '08. All was good for more than a year.

And now I can see in the log that the TB was at an event called VPK2009 and that was 30 May '09.

1 June '09 the user gjrzd grabs the TB from the event cache VPK2009. And since then i havent seen the TB.

I have tried to e-mail the user many times, but it seems like that e-mail isnt in use anymore.

I know that the user is active because theres logs and stuff made after that date and it also says Last Visit: Saturday, September 12, 2009 in the profile.

What should i do now?

Any ideas how i can go further with this?

Anyone know that user?

Really need help.

Thanks for reading.

/ linus84

I don't think you can do anything more, except be patient and wait.

You have emailed the cacher who has your TB "many times". If you keep sending emails you risk annoying them too much. I know it is very frustrating that they have not replied to you, but their post on the TB page is in Dutch and perhaps they are not confident to reply to you in your language? Babelfish does not translate their words exactly but it says "We will help this TB on its path".

Sometimes TBs will start to move again after many months, or even years. I hope your Electrician Traveller will move again soon. Don't give up hope!

MrsB :blink:

I don't think you can do anything more, except be patient and wait.

You have emailed the cacher who has your TB "many times". If you keep sending emails you risk annoying them too much. I know it is very frustrating that they have not replied to you, but their post on the TB page is in Dutch and perhaps they are not confident to reply to you in your language? Babelfish does not translate their words exactly but it says "We will help this TB on its path".

Sometimes TBs will start to move again after many months, or even years. I hope your Electrician Traveller will move again soon. Don't give up hope!

MrsB :blink:

Thanks for the answear. No worries, I havent spammed them with e-mails, "many times" maybe werent the right word here. I think i have send like 2 or 3 e-mails on theese months.

Thanks.

/ linus84

I suspect the last visit feature isn't working or is working in a way that we think it should work. I've seen lots of accounts with 0 logs for years always show today as last visit.

I think its kinda correct. Today it says: Last Visit: Saturday, September 19, 2009.

And they have made a cache log in this cache today:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...db-ac4ce293b723

EDIT: Now I see it was placed in a cache yesterday! B) Im so happy.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...60-afe2764f7472

Edited by linus84

Just for future reference, I got this off the travel bug Q&A.

Why are there two tags?

There is one tag that says "COPY" on it. This tag you hold on to to keep as a memento and a quick way to check up on your bugs. It also works as a good backup if your original Travel Bug comes up missing.

I used my copy tag to revive a bug that has been missing since 2004. I am assuming that was OK based on what I read. :o

Just for future reference, I got this off the travel bug Q&A.

Why are there two tags?

There is one tag that says "COPY" on it. This tag you hold on to to keep as a memento and a quick way to check up on your bugs. It also works as a good backup if your original Travel Bug comes up missing.

I used my copy tag to revive a bug that has been missing since 2004. I am assuming that was OK based on what I read. :o

Yes, the copy tag is to re-release your bug once it has been determined to be permanently lost. or destroyed.

Without going toooo much OT, I was thinking about this the other day...

If anyone is unlucky enough to have both their original TB and then their replacement TB (on the COPY tag) go M.I.A. is there anyone who can supply replacement BLANK TB tags? Something cachers could buy (that looks just the same as a proper TB tag) and then get their tracking number marked/stamped onto it?

So they could have a third go?

... or even a fourth go? :o

MrsB

Homemade tags are fine. Our local stuffmart has a pet tag engraving machine although I prefer to just make my own laminated one.

Yes... I've made laminate card replacement tags. I was just thinking that if you could buy proper metal "blanks" that might be even better, but I've never seen such things for sale.

MrsB

mmmm, maybe. We're just not allowed to provide commercial links here. :o

So, so glad to see that all is not lost forever when a TB original is gone.

I had one in my possession when it, my caching packpack, GPS, camera and PDA were all stolen in a break in of my van. I was almost as upset about someone else's TB going gone as I was about all my stuff!!

I know it won't be the same as the original but it's good to know that it can be re-released.

I suspect the last visit feature isn't working or is working in a way that we think it should work. I've seen lots of accounts with 0 logs for years always show today as last visit.

For clarification, the "Last Visit" on the profile is only the last time they logged on to geochaching.com and does not imply any log entries were made or even any geocaching activity happened. (However, that doesn't work in reverse. A cacher cannot log entries without having logged into the website.)

Mostly the "Last Visit" will give a general idea of recent activity. If a cacher seems to be fairly active, but has not logged in for a week or so, they may just be on vacation. On the other hand, if they haven't logged in for several months or more, it is unlikely that they have been active in geocaching for about the same time (at least under THAT account).

If it makes you feel better I had a trackable picked up in March by a cacher and then nothing for several months. I got grumpy and grumbled to myself that some A-hole stole my trackable!

Somewhere in that period I sent one calm rational email asking the cacher to be courteous and help the trackable keep moving. Later found out the cacher has health problems. Nothing on GC from that cacher for a 6month period.

So who was the A-hole? :lol::)

Edited by bramasoleiowa