Santorini geocoin?

GATOULIS

While I was searching in the net, trying to find info about geocoins I have etc, I found that in 2007 there was a geocoin with signal, saying Greece... I think it was from the world geocaching series... May 2007....

WOW! It was a nice coin!!

Anyway... I also found a name of a geocoin! I am talking about Santorini geocoin!!!

The icon of the coin is that map of Santorini island!!!

I tried to find info about the coin but I couldn't! I tried to find a photo of it.... nothing!!!

Does anyone know something about this coin??? Who made it, which company? Is it a greek geocoin or just greek theme coin??? Do you know where I can find a photo of it???

Edited by GATOULIS

While I was searching in the net, trying to find info about geocoins I have etc, I found that in 2007 there was a geocoin with signal, saying Greece... I think it was from the world geocaching series... May 2007....

Anyway... I also found a name of a geocoin! I am talking about Santorini geocoin!!!

I tried to find info about the coin but I couldn't! I tried to find a photo of it.... nothing!!!

Does anyone know something about this coin??? Who made it, which company? Is it a greek geocoin or just greek theme coin??? Do you know where I can find a photo of it???

I think I have one with the owl and the text that says "Greece", but I'll have to go digging...

:blink: The one with the owl was from hogwildstuf and actually was minted for a race! I have the silver one! I liked this coin! I helped in the race, and 10 coins who started from Athens came to Rhodes too! The race was about the olympic games.... I think the name of that coin was Athens geocoin....

I do not know what happent to the race... is it still on?? My coin is not activated and it is in my collection! :D

:blink: The one with the owl was from hogwildstuf and actually was minted for a race! I have the silver one! I liked this coin! I helped in the race, and 10 coins who started from Athens came to Rhodes too! The race was about the olympic games.... I think the name of that coin was Athens geocoin....

I do not know what happent to the race... is it still on?? My coin is not activated and it is in my collection! :D

gatoulis, can you take a picture of your collection and upload it here? i'd like to see your geocoins.

Gatoulis, I wasn't sure from your post if you are aware that the Signal's May 2007 Greece coin is currently available for purchase through Groundspeak. I know they don't ship to locations outside the US. But if you were looking for one, maybe someone here you trade coins with could make a purchase/trade or something.

Wow, Gatoulis,

I've never seen you so excited about a geocoin, I hope you find one , friend, I will look too!!!!!!

Is that you hopping up and down, so happy?, LOL!!!!!!!!!!I hope so!!!!

Opalsns

B) My dear Opalsns!!! You sould had seen me when I saw forthe first time the "first greek geocoin"!!! I didn't know what a geocoin is, I didn't know what geocaching is! I am a coin and banknote (paper money - bills as you call them in USA), and I was trying to find cheap coins, and especiqall greek ones! I fell on the first greek geocoin and I was socked!!! Was it a rpivate cut? Was it a medal??? It was so pretty!!!

I fell in love with it and spent hours and hours to find more photos! I wanted it so muchfor my greek collection!!! I found a photo that I could read clearly the Track at geocaching.com... and I enter in the site! I read about the game and... here I am!!! :D

From this coin, I have the Greek version that is not listed!!! If you go to the site these coins were, you could see that there was an athique gold, an antique silver, an antique copper LE and a black nickel LE! The LE coins had a mintage of 50 each!

Well... the greek version was a polished silver one!!! there were only 50 made, and all are gone! I managed to find one!!! :) I do not know why it is not listed!!! This version is actually the real version! The others were made by the company.... :D

I like Greek geocoins, Cyprus ones, Greek theme geocoins....

Do not worry about the Signal Greece geocoin! Well... right now, I can not ...

I suppose this coin was a part of a series with countries that are in geocaching.... So.... there are probably many different coins like that!!! :D

WOW! Groundspeak doesn't ship in none USA addresses??? Why???

It is not so good to buy things if you do not have paypal or credit cards... like me, but now not to sent in other countries... we are thousands out there!!! :blink:

I am very curious about the Santorini geocoin!! I had never heard it before, I do not know who or which company made it.... Was he a greek geocacher or a tourist geocacher loved Santorini so much that desided to honor the island and Greece by making a Greek Theme coin??? Hmm... I am probably exited.... you are right!!! LOL!!!!!

Dave, I do not have a digital camera! Only my mobile can take pictures... they are not good (old mobile)! I do not know if I can scan any...

I do not have a big collection or something! I won some, some where gifts, I bought some from geocachers...(When I had the money and they were accepting cash in euros..!).... I actually do not know how many I have... I bought the 2 greek coins they are out (first greek and the parthenon geocoin which was not minted in a company!!!)

Huh.. it was good when I was working... Now... things are different!

I must not count the travellers because as I saw they are getting lost, stollen... well.. when they are out... you have to admit that you will never see them again... only some bright examples exist, so...

I hope by the end of the year to reach 100 coins, but I do not know.. I do not think I am very close to it! We will see! :)

it appears that the icon and name exist

(see the "view all geocoins" link on the geocoins home page)

it looks like a recent addition to me

I can find no evidence of any such geocoin having been activated

at least, not yet

my best guess is that it is a geocoin that someone is in the process of making, and has registered the name and icon with Groundspeak, but has not yet produced/sold actual geocoins at this time