Geocacheing packs, what do you bring?

dediles

Hi i'm Dediles and I have found 5 caches and hidden nothing. I am starting this topic to see what people bring geocacheing, and to add to my list of things to bring. So tell me what it is and why you need it. I'll be happy to know.

This is the list I've worked out

hiking stick (for hicking and poking porposes)

i-pod tuoch (to keep cache info on)

trinkets(duh)

GPSr(dble duh)

gloves( for posible grimy stuff)

compass( actuly I don't know)

drink(cus I'd die without it in 75 hours)

binoculars( there are some pretty views out there)

pen( in case log pen is missing)

Hi i'm Dediles and I have found 5 caches and hidden nothing. I am starting this topic to see what people bring geocacheing, and to add to my list of things to bring. So tell me what it is and why you need it. I'll be happy to know.

This is the list I've worked out

hiking stick (for hicking and poking porposes)

i-pod tuoch (to keep cache info on)

trinkets(duh)

GPSr(dble duh)

gloves( for posible grimy stuff)

compass( actuly I don't know)

drink(cus I'd die without it in 75 hours)

binoculars( there are some pretty views out there)

pen( in case log pen is missing)

I bring a writing utensil, GPSr, flashlight (I do most of my caching at night) and a small swag container.

I am thinking of adding a couple gallons of water to my collection, just in case. Oh yeah, spare batteries too but they are in my swag container.

I'm new to geocaching as well, so fora this is whats in my camelbak that I take everywhere:

water, sunscreen spray, sunscreen wipes as a backup (in az its a must!), chapstick with spf, bug spray wipes, hat, gloves, extendable mirror, extendable magnet, tweezers, pens, extra blank logs, extra zip lock bags (small and larger ones) for maintenance as needed, snacks, extra batteries, gps, swag items, mini first aid kit, napkins

That's all I can think of right now...Welcome to Geocaching! It is very addicting, I've got my step-daughter, parents and sister addicted as well =)

Edited by jenkamus

I carry in a camera bag:

Notepads (one for me, 2 for replacing wet/missing books)

Pen & pencil

Garbage bags and gloves

spare batteries

tweezers

swag

bug spray

sunscreen

plastic mirror (very handy)

pepper spray

flashlight

camera

Water and other survival-related stuff goes in another bag, so i didn't list it here.

Gloves

Spare Batteries (for GPS and flashlights)

Mult-tool

Notepad

Bug Spray

Pen (2)

Headlamp

Flashlight

Water

GPS

Camera

All in a fanny pack except the GPS of course. I've always carried a pocket knife, so I have that as well. This goes with me about 90% of the time.

I have all that other fancy stuff...rain gear, snacks, first aid kit, compass in a backpack but it stays in the car 95% of the time.

in my pockets as I cache, I carry only a pen, tweezers, GPSr and my Cell phone.

I keep my backpack in the car with everything else I'd need... 2x 27oz stainless water bottle, flashlights, extra baggies, extra cache logs, etc. My backpack is just a place to keep things together rather than them being scattered throughout the car.

in my pockets as I cache, I carry only a pen, tweezers, GPSr and my Cell phone.

I keep my backpack in the car with everything else I'd need... 2x 27oz stainless water bottle, flashlights, extra baggies, extra cache logs, etc. My backpack is just a place to keep things together rather than them being scattered throughout the car.

:blink: Wish I was that tidy!!!

I have a backpack for hiking items, but for city caches I carry less.

Things I've recently ended up carrying for a few caches that are not on other lists (that I saw):

Felt pen - some micros have water proof paper. And recently someone had a log on something other than paper that needed a felt pen.

Clippers. It was a cache by a river that was totally overgrown. Tried to get to it once and ended up not being able to get to it. Ended up bloody and scarred and was still blocked. Came back with clippers for the berry vines. Worked. (this is not any nice wooded area, but a beat-up back-lot type of area full of trash and bulldozed areas. My little clipping had no environmental impact)

tweezers/ forceps- so many micros, and one fake light bulb, have hard to get out logs.

Herbal Armor bug repellant. I won't use the toxic DEET stuff. That stuff stores up in your liver and other organs. This bug stuff works great and will repel the bugs without killing me. Available in fine health food stores everywhere.

Took a magnet on a stick to find one cache. Logs said it was way back in the hole past the wasps nest. It was in a small metal box.

For in town, I bring a map book. My geopartner has a nice GPS with maps, but we still get messed up sometimes (we don't plan a route too much) so the map book is a help.

Mirror on a telescoping shaft

magnet on a telescoping shaft

Multi-tool

Duct Tape

Wire from a coat-hanger

Nikon D60 (and associated camera gear)

Screwdriver (for all those electrical boxes)

Water

Various swag

Cell phone (BB Storm)

GPSr (Triton 400)

A couple pens/markers

paperclips

ziplock bags (jeweler's size and sandwich size)

extra AA batteries

pocket knife

pepper spray

gloves