Pocket Queries on 60CSx

Xantos10

Hey there Xantos.

I tried the link, and I got an error too. Just google GSAK and you'll find it. I'm not sure of your experience level, or how well you do with software and such, but the easiest way to transfer the queries to your 60 would be mapsource. Did you purchase your gpsr new, or get it used? Did it come with a copy of garmin's trip and waypoint manager? You shoulda got a CD with your device that has the software needed to do what you're asking. When you get your query via email, download it and extract the files. (it comes as a .zip file) once extracted, if you've got mapsource installed on your computer, it'll open the .gpx file and you'll see your query results. Once you've got it open it's just a matter of "send to device" and make sure you select waypoints.

However, if you are more experienced, GSAK is an awesome tool! I use it all the time. I'm able to filter for specific attributes, use custom symbols, and a whole range of other goodies that you'll find if you mess around with it for a while. Let me know if you've had success with either, and if you haven't, post back so I, or someone else, will be able to help you futher.

All the best,

Z

Oh ok, cool!

Are you making it happen with mapsource then? If he's just starting out, I'd advise him to stick with that for a while until he gets used to how the whole process works. That's the way I did it when I first started and it was sufficient for a while. But, once I figured out how powerful GSAK was and that I could edit info before transferring to my 60, that's the way I've gone and haven't looked back.