Help Posting Pics

hock2

We are fairly new to geocaching and geocaching.com. I was hoping that someone could please tell me how to post pictures to our gallery on our profile? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Heather

I don't think you can post directly to your gallery, if that is what you are asking. But, as you post pictures to the caches you find via the "upload a picture for this log" option, they will also go into your gallery.

sign up for a free photobucket.com account and then link them from there :anibad:

Thank you. Not to be stupid... I did that... Now where do I put the link? Sorry for being a pain in the butt!

That was bad advice.

The way to get pictures in your Geocaching.com gallery is to add them to your logs.

sign up for a free photobucket.com account and then link them from there :anibad:

Thank you. Not to be stupid... I did that... Now where do I put the link? Sorry for being a pain in the butt!

That was bad advice.

The way to get pictures in your Geocaching.com gallery is to add them to your logs.

I went to our profile and clicked on our cache (we have one hidden) I clicked on upload image. I was able to do so but it only uploaded it to our cache gallery and not our profile gallery. So I'm obviously doing something wrong...lol Sorry to be such a pain.

Edited by hock2

You add photos to your gallery by uploading photos to cache or travel bugs logs. Typically those photos usually have something to do with the cache or the bug.

Make sure you have your photo loaded on your PC.

Once you post your found it log you will see an option in the upper right hand corner to [upload Image].

If you have already posted, access the cache page and under your log you'll see the option [view/edit logs/images] [upload an image for this log]

on a bug

Once you log the bug (Retrieve, Grab, or Discover) you'll immediately get an option to [upload image]. If you have already logged the bug, visit the bug page and next to your log you'll see the option to [visit log]. Click that and in there is the [upload image] option.

After you selected [upload image], select Browse and locate your photo. You can add a file caption and a file description but it is not required. Select Upload.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I went to our profile and clicked on our cache (we have one hidden) I clicked on upload image. I was able to do so but it only uploaded it to our cache gallery and not our profile gallery. So I'm obviously doing something wrong...lol Sorry to be such a pain.

You uploaded to a cache page...not a log. After you submit a log there is a link to upload an image, or visit a log you've already written and there is a link to upload an image for this log. Those images will be added to your profile gallery.

A picture is worth 1000 words, so here are two screen captures showing where you find the link to upload an image (highlighted in green)...

You can upload an image for a log directly from the cache page:

CachePage.jpg

Or you can upload an image after you submit a log, or when you choose to edit a log:

CacheLog.jpg

You add photos to your gallery by uploading photos to cache or travel bugs logs. Typically those photos usually have something to do with the cache or the bug.

Make sure you have your photo loaded on your PC.

Once you post your found it log you will see an option in the upper right hand corner to [upload Image].

If you have already posted, access the cache page and under your log you'll see the option [view/edit logs/images] [upload an image for this log]

on a bug

Once you log the bug (Retrieve, Grab, or Discover) you'll immediately get an option to [upload image]. If you have already logged the bug, visit the bug page and next to your log you'll see the option to [visit log]. Click that and in there is the [upload image] option.

After you selected [upload image], select Browse and locate your photo. You can add a file caption and a file description but it is not required. Select Upload.

Thank you Fegan and BlueDeuce! I finally go it and appreciate all your help!!! Thank you so much!