A heartbreaking choice !

SecretChief

Hi,

Imagine you're in a situation where you have to keep only two coins (one trackable and one non-trackable) from your collection and get rid of all the other ones (forever !). :)

Which coins would you keep ?

It has to be coins from your collection.

Please don't mentionned more than two coins.

(I now it's hard to select only 2 coins from your entire collection and ignore all the other ones but please follow the rule.)

So, here's my choice for the trackable coin :

Vitruvian Coin Ant. Silver (from The Da Vinci Challenge 3-Coin Set)

IMG_0002-1.jpg

And the non-trackable one :

Raiders Of The Lost Cache with Amber Gem

IMG_0004-1.jpg

Thanks for posting your 2-Keepers List :laughing:

Edited by SecretChief

As long as I don't have to count a pathtag as part of my collection, it's not all that heartbreaking...

All I have in my "collection" is a trackable Red Herring (a gift from JackalGirl in the 9-9-9 cointest), and an untrackable Yaahl's [Copper] Antique Gold Feather Geocoin from CrowsFeat30's "Are You Clever Enough" Cointest.

I'll keep them both, thank you very much! :)

Guess the joys of a small collection is that I wouldn't have to give so much up! :laughing:

Edited by PastorJon

Short answer.

I would toss everthing that I paid for. Only coins given to me will remain.

Of those friends would get priority over kind strangers.

Of the gifts from friends, and there are more than two, I'd roll the dice on what to keep and I'd tell my friends that rather than make an impossible choice because of an impossible circumstance I let fate decide.

Then I'd have 2. While this isn't the answer you are probably looking for, it's how I'd go about it. I care about friends more than coins.

Wow this is hard! I keep thinking "oh, I'll definitely keep this one" and then think how sad I'd be if I had to get rid of a different one. Can't imagine how much harder it is for all you folk with BIG collections. But after much thought...

Trackable: Mimbres Turtle (Black Nickel). It's special to me in three ways: a gift from my good friend anne(.and.eli), a reminder of my favorite part of the country, and a symbol of my favorite animal.

Untrackable: a cute little glitter teddy bear that I got at last night's Northern California event from Marky. Since I only have a few untrackables, this choice was much easier. :anibad:

The good news is that there aren't many true addicts who posted to this thread. That means those who did are safe and sane from the disease of coin addiction. If you can even consider how you'd pare down your collection (big or small) to just 2 coins you're a healthy specimen of a cool and collected geocoin enthusiast.

Those who viewed and lurked the thread or just could not bring themselves to answer or even consider the question.... well, the first step is admitting powerlessness and that life without geocoins (buying, selling, trading, designing, minting, hoarding, photographing, releasing, searching and moving, cointesting away or groveling for) would just be too darned unmanageable. :D:anibad::o

Edited by Droo

This is an easy one for me since I have been facing getting rid of my collection.

Non-Trackable-Bluegillfisherman-I always had wanted to meet him in person and when I did he was one of the nicest people I had ever met. And when he handed me one of his coins it just made my month.

Trackable-Cat Got Your Cache-Mixed Enamel Swirl-This is a purrrfect likeness of my 2 cats who know nothing but unconditional love. As long as I keep them fed! LOL

its a little bit hard for me to choose as most of the coins i am keeping are frog related or purely pleasing to my eye. but the trackable keeper would have to be the very first coin i ever got and that was a gift to me from a mystery coin giver, it was the rainforest jewel frog. my non trackable coin i would insist on keeping above the scarce few i have is the highland geocoin fairys latest coin.

Edited by paganfrog

Luckily I just realised, that someone dug very very deep in the dusty archives to drag this thread up again.

I was quite shocked to have to select two coins. Someone must have been joking, it isn't possible.

There are way too many stories attached to the coins im my collection.

But then I read this and I was relieved...

The good news is that there aren't many true addicts who posted to this thread. That means those who did are safe and sane from the disease of coin addiction. If you can even consider how you'd pare down your collection (big or small) to just 2 coins you're a healthy specimen of a cool and collected geocoin enthusiast.

Those who viewed and lurked the thread or just could not bring themselves to answer or even consider the question.... well, the first step is admitting powerlessness and that life without geocoins (buying, selling, trading, designing, minting, hoarding, photographing, releasing, searching and moving, cointesting away or groveling for) would just be too darned unmanageable. :D:anibad::o

Thank you Droo, what you wrote so many years ago still applies nowadays.

Luckily I just realised, that someone dug very very deep in the dusty archives to drag this thread up again.

I was quite shocked to have to select two coins. Someone must have been joking, it isn't possible.

There are way too many stories attached to the coins im my collection.

But then I read this and I was relieved...

Thank you Droo, what you wrote so many years ago still applies nowadays.

Yeah.....!! I was loosing sleep just thinking about it.... :laughing:

the first minting "blue is my world" tranquility and the imagine peace coin

beautiful choices

and you have been through cutting your collection down to nubbins

LOL! yes, down to nubbins. but it's pretty cool. everything fits into a box my apple mouse came in. i enjoy them so much more because they are so few. but temptation exists..... :-) there is a johnny lacy out there that has my name on it.

This is fairly easy for me:

Non-trackable: Oregon 2003. The first coin I ever found in a cache and it was then gifted to me by NurseDave.

Trackable: Moun10Bike V2. I found this in a cache while caching with Jon and it was really how we struck up a friendship. (My V1 was a trade acquisition)

Giving this a lot of thought over the last couple of weeks. This has a story behind it. It was my first trade as a newbie coiner. Sue and I were involved with bringing the loon population back to an area of our lake in ME by building floating loon nest. It is our favorite bird (If you have seen our “Geoloonatic “sig items, that’s why). We were successful. I saw these new coins posted and emailed Kayakerinme and did not receive a response. I wanted to get a set for that Christmas for Sue. A long story short, I must have sent 50 emails to any address I could find for him. My trade? The newly released “The Geocaching Zone” 4 coin set not knowing the value of this set vs the zone. In his exact words, I am sending you the XLE Edition (only 25 sets made) for being so $^!@ persistent. A long friendship grew from that day forward. This is our keeper pick for sure! :)

e83a270e-a945-42d0-9233-ece14787885f.png?rnd=0.7641522

Edited by JoenSue